Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2014, 03:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

I saw the G21 last weekend. I thought it looked better in person than the pics I have seen. As someone said the seating is more square but comfortable. The 2 rear storage compartments are cavernous. The boat show price was 111k. They were also offering 20 year financing. What a deal!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
I loved the G21 until I tried to sit in the rear corner seats......the tower is basically where your arm should rest on the side of the boat and it just felt small sitting next to the G23.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeRider107 View Post
I definitely agree about the quality of both.
But some people argue that Nautiques fiberglass isn't thick enough and can be weak, and some say MC is too thick. In your experience, is there really any difference between the two as far as thickness goes? Is one theoretically better?
Well, I can't say that I have physically cut into a MC before to measure thickness. I can look at my boat and guesstimate the thickness, but that is not the best way to go about it. I have cut into plenty of CC boats to do flex tests and trying out different fiberglass combinations. If you want to see thick fiberglass, look at a Ranger bass boat deck next time you get the chance. I am not sure why theirs is as thick as it is, but I think it is close to 5/8"-3/4" thick. That is normal for a hull bottom or keel, but not a deck. Thickness creates strength, although if you get the thickness by adding too much resin and not enough glass, it will make a much weaker boat. Is one better than the other? It all depends on what part of the boat it is and the intended use of that part and how it is built. It is really hard to say all boats this size need to have at least this thickness, bc there are different types of glass used and bulkheads that may intersect to help create stiffness and strength. There are just too many different variables.