Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2013, 09:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Looks aren't irrelevant. And your opinion on the pickle fork... Opening up the bow for more people and leg room isn't stupid if you've got a crew to make comfortable. I fail to see a reason to insult other peoples boats when you obviously don't have any real experience with the pickle fork.
I'm pretty sure your opinion of the G Series boats falls under, "Insulting others peoples boats"

The picklefork doesn't open up the bow, The G has the same bow shape without the forks. They're aesthetic, and I'm not a fan. If people are a fan, they're welcome to own them, as a couple buddies do. And I rib them for it too, it's all in good fun. Does the fork make the boat suck? nope, and that's my point. Does a MasterCraft owners opinion of the look of the G series make them suck? nope, and that's also my point, and it's the exact same point.

I'm not a MasterCraft fanboy, that much is evident. I am however a consumer. My experience with consumers is that many people fall in love with a brand and aren't willing to give others the benefit of the doubt, they cast judgement too quick. For what it's worth, I like the G Series, sure, but I wouldn't buy one either. I like the classic SAN 230. That's my pick, then the X-30.

I fail to see how, "experience with the picklefork" would make me not see the design as silly. It is however interesting that you own a boat with the forks, and are harshing me for judgement while you have been vocal about not liking the appearance of the G Series.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
I'm pretty sure your opinion of the G Series boats falls under, "Insulting others peoples boats"

The picklefork doesn't open up the bow, The G has the same bow shape without the forks. They're aesthetic, and I'm not a fan. If people are a fan, they're welcome to own them, as a couple buddies do. And I rib them for it too, it's all in good fun. Does the fork make the boat suck? nope, and that's my point. Does a MasterCraft owners opinion of the look of the G series make them suck? nope, and that's also my point, and it's the exact same point.

I'm not a MasterCraft fanboy, that much is evident. I am however a consumer. My experience with consumers is that many people fall in love with a brand and aren't willing to give others the benefit of the doubt, they cast judgement too quick. For what it's worth, I like the G Series, sure, but I wouldn't buy one either. I like the classic SAN 230. That's my pick, then the X-30.

I fail to see how, "experience with the picklefork" would make me not see the design as silly. It is however interesting that you own a boat with the forks, and are harshing me for judgement while you have be vocal about not liking the appearance of the G Series.
I said that I didn't like the look of the interior. I've also said that I know they are great boats with great wakes. I haven't criticized the boats in general, only said my opinion. I didn't come our and say anything was"stupid" about the boats.

I think appearance is a huge part of toy purchasing. I looked at the 23 at Wizard this summer with an open mind. I was put off with the limited color choices, price and interior discomfort. The boat drove well, and both surf and wakeboard wakes were great. But I didn't see big enough improvement in either the G or the 46 to make me consider buying a new boat. I've got nothing against Nautique boats, they make great boats, no two ways about it.

Oh, thought you should know that the G bow may have the same shape, but it isn't a big as my 45s bow. I couldn't stretch out in it like I can I'm my boat.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:35 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
And the problem with chopper sprayed fiberglass is What ?? weight ??

So what MC might be handlaid glass...so they save weight + costs in glass.......So that you the owner only have to add more ballast. DUH

The CC are structurally heavier built, which in my book is superior to a "light weight" wake boat which has less glass in the hull to save costs.
Answer me this, because I really don't know. Is MC saving costs by adding the labor intensive steel of hand laying the glass? Are they using less glass but making them this way?
Old 11-19-2013, 10:43 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:

I fail to see how, "experience with the picklefork" would make me not see the design as silly. It is however interesting that you own a boat with the forks, and are harshing me for judgement while you have been vocal about not liking the appearance of the G Series.

Oh yeah, my point on the experience with the pickles... I have spent plenty of days in friends 15s and 30s. I notice the bow doesn't get used a heck of a lot (buy the families that own them, or my family), but when those same people are on our boat, they are in the bow constantly, and they comment non stop about how roomy it is, how they can stretch out in it. I know I can't stretch out in any boats now like I can in the 45s.

The only boat I'm really not "open to" are Malibus. I think they are truly over rated boats that too many people buy for cool factor, and aren't getting the bang for their buck that they think they are. There are a lot of nice looking BUs out there though.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
I said that I didn't like the look of the interior. I've also said that I know they are great boats with great wakes. I haven't criticized the boats in general, only said my opinion. I didn't come our and say anything was"stupid" about the boats.

I think appearance is a huge part of toy purchasing. I looked at the 23 at Wizard this summer with an open mind. I was put off with the limited color choices, price and interior discomfort. The boat drove well, and both surf and wakeboard wakes were great. But I didn't see big enough improvement in either the G or the 46 to make me consider buying a new boat. I've got nothing against Nautique boats, they make great boats, no two ways about it.

Oh, thought you should know that the G bow may have the same shape, but it isn't a big as my 45s bow. I couldn't stretch out in it like I can I'm my boat.
Yep, me too.

The OP posted the new G21, so I've been stating my opinion of it, which includes liking it more than the current MC's. Seems fair to me. The appearance of the X line with the forks is the reason I wouldn't buy anything other than an older X1 or X30. Just my own personal preference.

Either way, if someone told me the interior of my boat was "heinous", I would consider that insulting.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Yep, me too.

The OP posted the new G21, so I've been stating my opinion of it, which includes liking it more than the current MC's. Seems fair to me. The appearance of the X line with the forks is the reason I wouldn't buy anything other than an older X1 or X30. Just my own personal preference.

Either way, if someone told me the interior of my boat was "heinous", I would consider that insulting.

Point taken. I guess I wasn't thinking that there were G21 owners on this forum that I would be insulting. I'll try to choose my words more carefully going forward.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Yep, me too.

well, you don't own a g boat so we don't have to worry about you getting insulted.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
This is an awesome thread. I am sure MC is proud of their brand loyalty.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Here is some fuel. The G21 is utter Garbage.

And the pickle fork is only functional on the new prostar. Oh and makes it look a ton better

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2013, 11:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Haha, dang... just when the trolling was getting good.

I bought a G25, G23 and ordered a G21 8 mins ago... all points made are now validated.

Wheeee!