Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2013, 01:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: none at moment
Regarding the use of Seadek everywhere... I know from experience that seadek can stain easily so having it lined in the entire interior is questionable. I loved being able to remove the carpet in previous MC's so not having that option plus the fact that the seadek would be exposed to constant wear is something to consider. I know it would feel great but give it a few months use and it will not look like it does in the pictures.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
My buddy's G23 is very prone to smelling like foot cheese with the sea-deck also. He has to scrub the floor with a color safe bleach chemical every couple weeks.

It probably wouldn't be nearly as bad if the boat didn't sit under a canopy all the time. It doesn't get much sun exposure. Still a PITA though.

With carpet, you just unsnap once in a while, and lay it on the dock on a sunny day.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:36 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Well either way, it saddens me to that mc is far behind nautique. The xstar is the only boat mc makes that holds a candle to the g line. You can argue x25 or (insert x boat here) and they dont compare with the performance of the g line out of the factory.

Looks and interior is another story though! !!! Lol. I think I like the g21 better than the others is because its not as large as the others
......I really would like this thread to die, There is too much interest in the #2 comp boat company on this board in my opinion, that thing looks like a Nissan Cube on the water, the interior does not look comfortable at all (albeit looks and feel are two different things), and the construction is subpar compared to MC. So other than looks and wake, which I will point out are subjective opinions I fail to see how MC 'far behind' ski-antique.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 11-19-2013, 01:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
and the construction is subpar compared to MC.
Coming from a self-admitted background of ignorance on how they differ - how to they differ?

(honest question)
Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
Coming from a self-admitted background of ignorance on how they differ - how to they differ?

(honest question)
They don't IMO...... I don't think MC build quality is any better than Nautique. They are both exceptional.

And I am also not afraid to admit that MC is behind in surf functionality right now. (and ballast capacity).

They will catch up soon. I have faith.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xStar, 2008, LY6
Looks like a very effective wake making machine. Still the Pontiac Aztec of boats stylewise.
1969 Glastron
Old 11-19-2013, 04:02 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
My buddy's G23 is very prone to smelling like foot cheese with the sea-deck also. He has to scrub the floor with a color safe bleach chemical every couple weeks.

It probably wouldn't be nearly as bad if the boat didn't sit under a canopy all the time. It doesn't get much sun exposure. Still a PITA though.

With carpet, you just unsnap once in a while, and lay it on the dock on a sunny day.
That does sounds like a real PITA.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:05 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleson10 View Post
Looks like a very effective wake making machine. Still the Pontiac Aztec of boats stylewise.
that is the best i have seen to describe the g-series!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None right now. :(
Quote:
......I really would like this thread to die, There is too much interest in the #2 comp boat company on this board in my opinion, that thing looks like a Nissan Cube on the water, the interior does not look comfortable at all (albeit looks and feel are two different things), and the construction is subpar compared to MC. So other than looks and wake, which I will point out are subjective opinions I fail to see how MC 'far behind' ski-antique.
IDK, I'm kind of diggin' this thread
Old 11-19-2013, 04:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
There is no difference in build quality.
So heres why people think we are elitists. When other companies come out with better products than what our company has to offer, we instantly shoot it down and its insta-crap. I think mc should come on to this board more often and get a clue every once in a while. There is no opinions on how mc is behind cc and malibu. Its fact. No surf system in our line up is swaying away a lot of potential customers.

Ending this thread would be stupid! You have no intrest in wake boats anyway, so move on...