Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 05-24-2008, 02:01 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 98 Mastercraft PS190
Picture of Seat PLEASE

Have a 98 PS 190. I took the bottom seat cushion (drivers seat) in to have it repaired. I picked it up and put it back in the boat, and now it doesnt fit right. I'm not sure what they did to it, but it doesnt friction fit back into the driver seat base. I think its missing a part on the bottom of the seat. I think there was some type of clip, or angle, or something towards the back that held the seat in place. There a couple of screw holes, but nothing there now.

Can somebody PLEASE take a picture of the bottom of their seat, similar model, and post on a reply so I can try and figure out what they did wrong when they put the seat back together.

Thank you.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:45 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by akps190 View Post
Have a 98 PS 190. I took the bottom seat cushion (drivers seat) in to have it repaired. I picked it up and put it back in the boat, and now it doesnt fit right. I'm not sure what they did to it, but it doesnt friction fit back into the driver seat base. I think its missing a part on the bottom of the seat. I think there was some type of clip, or angle, or something towards the back that held the seat in place. There a couple of screw holes, but nothing there now.

Can somebody PLEASE take a picture of the bottom of their seat, similar model, and post on a reply so I can try and figure out what they did wrong when they put the seat back together.

Thank you.
Your missing the rubber stop, should be the same as the ones for the bow seats if you have them.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 98 Prostar 190 Stars & Stripes, LT1
Here's a pic I just took of my 98 PS190.
Attached Images

SPARK PLUGS: AC Delco MR43LTS (gapped to .040")
FUEL FILTERS: AC Delco 25171391 (pump inlet side)
89058397 (pump outlet side)
IGNITION WIRES: Call Inboard Online @ (877) 327-7175 and order part numbers 556010A (odd bank) and 556010B (even bank)
Old 05-24-2008, 04:59 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 98 Mastercraft PS190
OK, now I am really confused.

My seat looks exactly like the first photo with the rubber stop (next to the key). That seat does not have the angle clip like the second picture. However, I dont recall a clip like that on my seat either??? There are two holes where something used to be, but I dont remember an angle that big...

When I put the seat bottom in place, it is loose, nothing holding it in place. I dont recall that before. As I recall, if fit pretty snug. I pulled the seat bottom out last fall meaning to have it repaired all winter, now I cant remember squat.

Anybody got any thoughts???

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:24 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 ProStar 205
Quote:

My seat looks exactly like the first photo with the rubber stop (next to the key). That seat does not have the angle clip like the second picture. However, I dont recall a clip like that on my seat either??? There are two holes where something used to be, but I dont remember an angle that big...

When I put the seat bottom in place, it is loose, nothing holding it in place. I dont recall that before. As I recall, if fit pretty snug. I pulled the seat bottom out last fall meaning to have it repaired all winter, now I cant remember squat.

Thanks.
Mines missing the z bracket and didn't realize until I lifted for the pic and found it down in the base and it's just like the other pic
Old 06-30-2008, 02:01 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Quote:

Thanks.
Velcro? ....

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 06-30-2008, 08:02 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 Maristar 200VRS
I used a plastic mooring cleat on my seat to keep it from sliding. Works like a champ. Or order the part from MCOC.

Tow Veh: 2010 Toyota Tundra
Bike: 2007 HD Street Glide

Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager/ Cherry Wheat, Petes

Strawberry Blonde, Petes Wicked Ale

Chief Petty Officer: "Results not excuses"

"You Can't Beat a Tree"
Old 12-21-2013, 07:48 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
bump ^

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767