Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Traxx are you doing a design with the seadek or just making it look like carpet?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
I'm going to use the same design I did on the rear swim pad. Same colors. The beveled blue edge will only be against the seat bottoms.

I mention that because it will be separated individual pads to do the whole floor. Due to access panels, cooler etc. There Mont be a beveled edge on all if those areas. It will be cut but not beveled.

I am worried, my floor is grey in color when I pulled up the carpet and I think that would contrast. Maybe I will paint the edge of where minor areas will be exposed white. Maybe leave it.

And I still haven't settled on a floor design yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
That'll look great!
Old 11-22-2013, 01:09 PM
MC Devotee

Just got the quote back for my vinyl wrap. @$1750.00 installed.

I made the $875.00 deposit this afternoon. He showed me some paper renderings, he is going to email me higher quality ones this evening.

Its is becoming a reality now, and for cheaper than I thought. If I keep my cost down like this on the SeaDek floor I might be able to get that Garmin with radar
Old 11-22-2013, 01:17 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
what in the world do you need radar for?
Old 11-22-2013, 02:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
I'm going to use the same design I did on the rear swim pad. Same colors. The beveled blue edge will only be against the seat bottoms.

I mention that because it will be separated individual pads to do the whole floor. Due to access panels, cooler etc. There Mont be a beveled edge on all if those areas. It will be cut but not beveled.

I am worried, my floor is grey in color when I pulled up the carpet and I think that would contrast. Maybe I will paint the edge of where minor areas will be exposed white. Maybe leave it.

And I still haven't settled on a floor design yet.

really interested to see how this turns out. My carpet will be due in the next few years and seadek sure sounds like a much better option.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:42 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
what in the world do you need radar for?
The Garmin unit I want is a chart plotter with WX Radar weather. Coincidentally the unit is also compatible with XM radio but I doubt I will use it for that.

I want to travel with my boat. I went to the outer banks with it last year. Would have been nice to know where I was, how much fuel I'm using, altitude, temp, breadcrumbs, distance and time to destinations, marked channels since I'm not familiar with any of these areas I go to. I could only look at maps and study and have to remember it all, and then put it to real life navigation. With this, I could pin point all the coves and hot spots of lake of the Ozarks, or the outer banks, key west, whatever I want. And just have confidence I'm not going to bottom out if I don't want to.

Of course, and on map weather radar. Nuph sed about that.

I could use it anywhere inland waterways and lakes and North America.

Then I have to add 3D mapping depth finder.

And some how fit it all on my dash

Old 11-22-2013, 04:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
If you get xm radio I believe you can sync up with there weather. Are you adding the gph add on as well? I kn ew lowrance has something you hook up to the fuel line to measure flow.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:30 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
If you get xm radio I believe you can sync up with there weather. Are you adding the gph add on as well? I kn ew lowrance has something you hook up to the fuel line to measure flow.
No, with Garmin you have to input the data, but after a few times it gets pretty accurate.

You can subscribe to WX and not pay the extra for XM. The weather is not a cheap subscription but since I already have it for the airplane, I can use the same account.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:31 PM
MC Devotee

If lowrance can do the flow meter and 3d mapping I would be interested in what model it is. I haven't nailed down what model I want. Lowrance was on my list to look at.