Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2013, 10:56 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005, X-2, MCX
Wakeboarding Vacation

I'm looking for a good place to take a wakeboarding vacation. We live in north Florida so anywhere here we could take our own boat. I was thinking it might be fun to go up north or out west where we could rent a boat or ride with an instructor. Does anyone know a good resort or something where we could go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2013, 02:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X9, 2003
Lake Talquin, could even rent a house with a dock on it if you wanted

2003 x9
Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X Star 7.4L
I don't think you can rent a nice MC there, but until you've been on Torch Lake in northern Michigan in the summer time you really have not lived. Actually 90% of the lakes up there are beyond amazing...problem is the "useable" season is Mid-June through mid-September. I'm not from Michigan, and I've been on lakes all over the US...there are spots where if you were brought there blind folded and then they took it off and in 5 seconds you had to guess where you were...you would say the Caribbean, or on the Monterrey Peninsula, it is honestly that nice.

As far as wake board vacation spots down south, let me know what you come up with as I'd be interested in those as well!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:09 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Not sure how far you want to tow, but Smith Mountain Lake VA is a great place to rent a house and take your boat (summer of course) You could also rent a houseboat there.

I would imagine there are closer lakes to you though that are real nice, maybe in GA? Lanier?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:32 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: changes every month
Im with bssteven... Looking for a place to do a week or so trip to tow my boat next year. Either find a house on the lake, I really dont mind camping, or house boat would be pretty cool.. Looking for large body of water, marina with food beer gas etc and place where people hang out to socialize... but good for even a 93 190 IF she is running lol.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:23 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2005, X-2, MCX
Started researching Lanier and Kentucky lake this past weekend. Both of them look promising for taking my own boat. I would like to find a place where others like to go wakeboarding and socializing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2013, 11:03 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
lake hartwell is really nice. there are a few sand bars. Lake is huge, few restraunts on the water and marinas. You can rent a house or houseboat there. there is always great water somewhere on that lake. hartwell would be closer to you than lanier and kentucky lake as well.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:27 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
On my bucket list is to load up the boat and motorhome and head out to explore some different lakes around the country. Out far west, the lakes/rivers are warm and clear, but the desert landscape is all the same. A lake with some trees would be a real change of pace.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Lake Martin in central AL is beautiful and there are plenty of houses to rent on the water. It's a big lake but lots of fingers where you can find some good water. Also a few restaurants are on the water.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 11-12-2013, 05:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Lake Martin is nice I hear. Alan Jackson likes it and there is a good party scene.

Lake Cumberland's Harmon Creek holds the record for longest party boat line. Their poker run the first week of Sept was quite an event but is now questionable with the high speed crash this year.

Head to Chicago the last weekend of July for their Scene Party in the Play Pen (bay between Chicago Pier and downtown). check out the videos on youtube.

Lake of the Ozarks. Any week is great boating with plenty of lake front options for lodging, eating and socializing.
Liquid Force has been hosting their BroStock event the past several years week of June 6,7. Stick around for offshore superboat races on Sunday.
Spend a day or two at Beaver Lake, AR. Amazingly quiet water, a complete opposite of LOTO.

Keep in mind, most any lake will offer great wakeboarding during the week when there is little boat traffic.
Check out VRBO.com for lodging options.
For other social boating ideas, you are better off waiting til the first of the year. Check where Liquid Force and Sea Ray AquaPalooza events are being held.
All of the above should have lesson options but being in Florida, you are already in the heart of wakeboard lessons.