Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 11-10-2013, 08:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007, Mastercraft, X1, Indmar MCX
X1 Transmission winterization (help please!)

I'm trying to find the transmission cooler drain plugs/hoses on my 2007 X1 (RTP engine 310HP), and I'm not having much luck. I want to make absolutely sure that I'm safe for the winter. I've followed all of the other procedures in the manual for winterization, but the illustrations in the operator's manual aren't giving me much to go on when attempting to line up what I'm seeing on the transmission with what's in the illustration. If what I see in the manual is accurate, I believe I have the Ski-Vee type V-Drive, but again, I'm totally lost on what and where to drain when it comes to the transmission regarding water cooling. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

George
Old 11-11-2013, 04:59 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Your transmission should be a Hurth v-drive.

Just pull the intake hose off the lower end of the transmission cooler. That will drain it. You probably already did that when you pulled the hose off the raw water pump. There is no water that circulates through the transmission. The hoses you're seeing attached to the transmission and cooler circulate 15w40 transmission fluid through the transmission cooler.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Raw water intake hose goes into the housing where the impeller is. This is located very close to the back (stern) of the engine compartment on the driver's side. As Bigmac says, pull the hose off the bottom of the cooler and the water will drain out. The reason you may be confused is the cooler is not near the transmission (relatively speaking).
Old 11-11-2013, 11:59 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007, Mastercraft, X1, Indmar MCX
You guys kick ***. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and put my mind at ease. You were correct in thinking that I had already taken that hose off (raw water intake).

George

Tags
2007 x-1, transmission, v-drive, winterization