Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 05-28-2017, 10:16 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: prostar 250
Pro star 205 unknown coolant lines

Hello,

I bought a boat from some family that no longer remembers enough to own a boat or a car and it has some problems that i was not expecting this holiday weekend.

So i am looking for someone with a working northstar engine who could help me locate where some lines go.

I made an album of the images, to help in my bad descriptions.
http://imgur.com/a/qcafW

One of the coolant lines is just sitting unattached and spews water(only when the engine is running) the other does not.

It looks the they capped off a line. (A relative told me the heater core was bypassed but not how but that it had exploded in the winter )

Maybe a water valve was added that does not look stock.

There is also a line from the port side valve cover that i cant find where it goes.

Things i do know and am currently fixing is the starboard side muffle has a leak, The flexible blower tube is being replaced and the heater core does not work.

Any help getting this thing back in order would be amazing.

Last edited by AaronCG1; 05-28-2017 at 10:29 PM. Reason: wrong model...
Old 05-28-2017, 10:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 X2
#1 and #2 -- Likely heater hose lines. Can't think of any other hose that runs to the front of the boat
#4 PVC hose -- should attach to the intake manifold, likely somewhere under the cover. (Draws fumes from the crankcase and reburns them)
#5 Looks like hot water supply for the heater.
#6 Exhaust manifold drain hoses. Should go under the pan and attach to the opposite manifold. Hose comes apart in the middle at the couplings to drain. And yes, when the engine is running, water will come out if not attached.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:31 PM
TT Newbie

Okay, so your saying the hose with the yellow coupling in the center needs to goto the other manifold?
There is a hose already attached to that. can be seen in image 2.
So i will remove it and try to track down where it goes.

The PVC hose on the other side is attached to the intake manifold but i cant for life of me find where this one goes on the block.

Thanks for your help hopefully i can get this running and have at least one day on the water.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 X2
So does the hose with the yellow coupling actually attach to the port manifold? I can't tell. Where does the hose on the starboard manifold go? Looks like it's routed somewhere towards the front of the engine.

On the three MC's I've owned the exhaust manifolds are connected by a drain hose with a coupler in the middle for winterizing.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:55 PM
TT Newbie

The hose with the yellow coupling does attach to the port side manifold.
I think the starboard side is hooked to somewhere under the serpentine belt, will have to check again in the morning.

Tags
coolant lines northstar