Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-04-2013, 09:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: none
13 Xstar surf wake

I have been hearing that the 13 Xstar throws a really good surf wake when properly weighted. I was just curious if anyone has been in one to see it or surfed it. Also if you have surfed it how much weight is it taking to get the wave good? thanks
Old 11-04-2013, 09:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Current 2006- 200 SS 5.7 Former-2013 X30 6.2 Ilmor
I have not read that here....
Hopefully an X -star owner / user will elaborate or correct me
Old 11-04-2013, 10:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X9, 2003
There is one blog that i know of. i will see if i can find it

2003 x9
Old 11-04-2013, 10:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
fourforty on here Im sure will chime in, IIRC he is very happy with his surf wake.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Yes, very happy with my surf wake. Took some time to figure out, only because it likes the weight a bit different than most. These shots are with stock ballast full, 500lbs in the port locker, and 500 in the coffin. Driver and 1 spotter. Adding ballast to the non surf side, will make the wave less steep. I really like a steep wave though. I wish I had more pics, but we are not a very photogenic bunch. My buddies have more, and I need to have them send me them.

Air 180 attempt. Finally landed this just a few weeks ago. Must have tried it 1000 times. Hard to pull off without falling over forward, as you can see. I know it looks bad, but it was maybe attempt #10 at this point

This is a shot of the wake with only stock ballast full, and 750 in the coffin. As you can see, it is not as steep as I ride. Also, Rina is just learning, so we didn't fill the locker sacks. That being said, the less that you offset the rear weight, the less steep the wave will be.

P.S.- This boat may not have the cleanest surf wake in the world, but it has the most push of any boat I have ridden. I am 170lbs, and that is a 4'2" custom I am riding...... A board designed for like 120lbs or less.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 AM
MC Devotee

Looks surfable to me !
Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Yes, very happy with my surf wake. Took some time to figure out, only because it likes the weight a bit different than most. These shots are with stock ballast full, 500lbs in the port locker, and 500 in the coffin. Driver and 1 spotter. Adding ballast to the non surf side, will make the wave less steep. I really like a steep wave though. I wish I had more pics, but we are not a very photogenic bunch. My buddies have more, and I need to have them send me them.

Air 180 attempt. Finally landed this just a few weeks ago. Must have tried it 1000 times. Hard to pull off without falling over forward, as you can see. I know it looks bad, but it was maybe attempt #10 at this point

This is a shot of the wake with only stock ballast full, and 750 in the coffin. As you can see, it is not as steep as I ride. Also, Rina is just learning, so we didn't fill the locker sacks. That being said, the less that you offset the rear weight, the less steep the wave will be.

P.S.- This boat may not have the cleanest surf wake in the world, but it has the most push of any boat I have ridden. I am 170lbs, and that is a 4'2" custom I am riding...... A board designed for like 120lbs or less.
Your SIG shows you have an X25..but these PICs are an X-Star ? right? you have both Boats ? or Access to Both? ..either way..you are lucky..and the Wave looks good
Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post

That looks mighty fine to me.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
For all the chatter on here that the Star doesn't throw a good surf wake, it looks pretty good to me. Of course, there are better wakes, but that's twice the size of my 205V Star surf wake and we surf that no problem. I definitely don't agree that the Star is only good for wakeboarding, I'd love to have that surf wave.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:51 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
For all the chatter on here that the Star doesn't throw a good surf wake, it looks pretty good to me. Of course, there are better wakes, but that's twice the size of my 205V Star surf wake and we surf that no problem. I definitely don't agree that the Star is only good for wakeboarding, I'd love to have that surf wave.
The last gen Star had a horrible surf wake, IMO. Have a couple buddies with them, and I found they were finiky and getting a good, consistent wake was beyond a pain in the butt.