Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2013, 12:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Please tell me how the tundra is better.
1. Ugliest truck on the market Have you seen the Silverado?
2. Way to expensive for what you get Untrue. I priced them all and they were all in the high $30k range for fully optioned.
3. My f150 crew is just as big as a crew max. Absolutely untrue. The reason I went with a Tundra. I was originally going with a Sequoia, but when the wife saw the reclining back seat, we changed our minds.
4. Terrible gas mileage Like I said above, the 6.0 and 5.7 were pretty comparable. Either way, I don't pay for fuel, so I am stoked on the 381hp.
5. Ecoboost out tows and better mpgs OK
6. Ford didnt take a bailout OK
7. If you like a wide oversized 1500 pickup that gets terrible mps, the tundra is for you! Rather drive the Toyota than an F'd, but that's my opinion, just like yours on the Tundra.

See above.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 w/giant punkin motor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
See above.
You should definitely take a peek inside of a newer (09+) crew cab F150. The seats might not recline, but it is every bit as big, if not bigger, than the crew max.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:30 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
You should definitely take a peek inside of a newer (09+) crew cab F150. The seats might not recline, but it is every bit as big, if not bigger, than the crew max.
+1
Ive been in them all. Ive owned a ram, silverado, and f150. F150 was by far the best of any truck ive been in. My friend has a crew max limited tundra, and my f150 back seat is about the same. My leather, and fit and finish felt a lot better than the tundra as well. My 5.0 v8 has 390 hp by the way
The new silverado might be ugly, but the "new" tundra is 1000000x uglier! Lol.

But ford warranty service SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that being said, I pick up my 3 series bmw tomorrow. Im done with trucks for now.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:04 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
My 5.0 v8 has 390 hp by the way
In your Mustang maybe... F150 has 360 HP...

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/for...0-engine-specs
Old 11-10-2013, 05:55 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskonn View Post
I won't get in the my truck is better than your truck even though I have owned and towed with all of them. I also sell to all of them. The only fact I will point out is that Ford never took bailout money.

Also as a side note, my buddies at Toyota in San Antonio have told me that the majority of their market gain was taken from Chevy and Dodge, in their words " we continue to chase ford, especially their interior features and designs."

Just throwing in my limited insight.
Look don't get me wrong, I own a Tundra, an Avalanche, and a CTSV (best BMW killer made). I've dealt with the limitations of both, and I'm considering an F250 currently (real tough choice considering after my Navigator, and Expedition I swore I'd NEVER own another Ford!). Fact is Ford seems to have the best truck right now for various reasons. I only hope their service and support is at least as good as Chev and Tundra, cause thats not how i remember it.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHPRO View Post
Look don't get me wrong, I own a Tundra, an Avalanche, and a CTSV (best BMW killer made). I've dealt with the limitations of both, and I'm considering an F250 currently (real tough choice considering after my Navigator, and Expedition I swore I'd NEVER own another Ford!). Fact is Ford seems to have the best truck right now for various reasons. I only hope their service and support is at least as good as Chev and Tundra, cause thats not how i remember it.
In my experience the service and support has been a lot like owning a boat. A good dealer makes all the difference in the world. I just traded in my chevy 2500HD for an F250. My chevy was a good truck, had some random intermittent electrical issues but overall was great. I went with the ford because I have a few friends who know trucks and have never steered me wrong. They all recommended the ford diesel if I was buying today. Luckily my ford dealer has been great, the chevy dealer was great, my local dodge dealer was not so great.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:57 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster02 View Post
Ford, Chevy, Dodge were all building trucks when the others still were having trouble perfecting the rickshaw. If you like foreign, buy foreign, just please stop singing their praises. When I countered by singing the domestic product praises you guys get all ruffled. I was not intending to start an argument, just my opinion. Oh, and by the way my FORD Superduty was built in the USA, and Ford did NOT take a bailout. I will say no more.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and in essence I'd like to agree with it. However, not a single negative thing was said regarding domestic trucks prior to your allegations that the Tundra was somehow an inferior 1/2 ton tow vehicle. I doubt anyone here would have felt the need to slam your Ford if you had been "singing (its) praises" in your own thread.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 mastercraft prostar 190
You're right, my bad. It hit a sore spot with me. I will try to contain myself on this subject
Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 PS205, then a 2002 X9, and now a 2012 X14V
Love my 08 Tundra. It tows the trailer out from under my boat if I want it to, and it outruns the teens in their silly glasspack racers all week long. I have 130K on it and it has never seen the shop. Every button on the dash still works in the mean time, while my neighbor has put a new xmission, two speakers, and replaced the power mirror motor on the driver side of his Silverado.

This is not the case for everyone, and I'm sure at least one of you has a perfect Chevy with 600K on it and the original oil/tires/wiper blades. But this is my experience.

If we really wanted to talk towing, none of us would be driving gasoline powered trucks though. My next one will be diesel for sure.

"KC"

Cmon...lemme just push one button...
- Red X14V on Center Hill & Old Hickory lakes in TN -
Old 11-11-2013, 10:43 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
tundra towed the space shuttle, it must be the best