Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Mastercraftdave's Avatar
Mastercraftdave Mastercraftdave is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 325
I upgraded to an X45 and Love the Boat. Yes it is big when it’s you and two other people but those days when your kids bring friends and the whole family is on the boat you will be happy that you choose that size and never will need to upgrade on size again. The X45 is a great boat and throws an amazing wakeboard wake. The surf wake is good too just needs extra weight. The only problem with the x45 is that it’s hard to get a good clean wake at 18 or slower even with the wake plate. For cruising, the boat handles the chop great and it awesome when the lake/river gets crowded with other boats. I love my X45. It has more storage than your going to know what to do with but again you can never have too much. It a great boat but so is any other MC that you’re going to buy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:45 PM
x-swagger x-swagger is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Boat: Mastercraft X-45, 2007, 496 8.1 L18
Location: southwest
Posts: 197
Here's a really great 45 for sale!!!
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4131090203

In all honesty, I've owned this boat and an X-Star. The 45 is better at everything except wakeboarding. And the wakeboard wake is still really good on the 45.

Also, the 8.1L is marvelous.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:56 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleson10 View Post
family/surf = X45
/return on $$ = 2010 star

I'd go star but I'm biased. It's a better all a-rounder than its rep. And its a good size unless you need room for a lot of people.

Buying with head = X25
Buying with heart/something else = Xstar

Know you didn't mention X25 but you should consider it if you can find one in your price range. X45 is nice but I know people with them that have said "it's too big".
That's an odd thing to hear. Most people want MORE boat, not less. I've never found the 45 to be too big. And it was the first boat I've ever had.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:56 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-swagger View Post
Here's a really great 45 for sale!!!
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4131090203

In all honesty, I've owned this boat and an X-Star. The 45 is better at everything except wakeboarding. And the wakeboard wake is still really good on the 45.

Also, the 8.1L is marvelous.
That's for darn sure.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Bambamski1 Bambamski1 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Location: Alberta
Posts: 86
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
I don't think you'll find an x-25 if your price range yet. Probably a year or two away from finding a 25 in the 50k range.

That being said, i'd look at the Supra. They make a good solid boat and for that price... that's pretty hard to beat. It will be a better all around boat than the Star and give you almost as much room as the X-45.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:41 PM
bjames's Avatar
bjames bjames is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
I don't think you'll find an x-25 if your price range yet. Probably a year or two away from finding a 25 in the 50k range.

That being said, i'd look at the Supra. They make a good solid boat and for that price... that's pretty hard to beat. It will be a better all around boat than the Star and give you almost as much room as the X-45.
If your looking at Supra, Personally I would then get a brand new Moomba LSV. I had one and sometimes regret trading it in.
__________________
Current: 2009 X-Star, Indmar 6L, 400hp, ZFT3 tower. c/w 1/9 scale R/C PWT X-Star

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Canuck714 Canuck714 is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Boat: Fountain
Location: Hill Country TX
Posts: 17
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Im going to take a little closer look at the Supra. It is super clean, and has the 8.1...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:29 PM
craig3972's Avatar
craig3972 craig3972 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Boat: 2006 mastercraft x-star
Location: canada
Posts: 609
X45 is too big for my liking. I had an 2001 star and that boat could do almost everything, slalom, barefoot, wakeboard and surf. easy to trailer and store. Small boats make better watersport boats, big boats are good for wake, surf and lots of people.

Line from the movie Airplane comes to mind, " sluggish... like a wet sponge".

X45 - almost as big as an X80 but it only has one engine.

What you really need is two boats!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:46 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig3972 View Post
X45 is too big for my liking. I had an 2001 star and that boat could do almost everything, slalom, barefoot, wakeboard and surf. easy to trailer and store. Small boats make better watersport boats, big boats are good for wake, surf and lots of people.

Line from the movie Airplane comes to mind, " sluggish... like a wet sponge".

X45 - almost as big as an X80 but it only has one engine.

What you really need is two boats!
I don't think you could be more wrong. A 45 with the 8.1 in it is anything but sluggish.

If a three and a half foot difference is almost as big, I guess the X15 is almost as big as the X45?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:15 PM
craig3972's Avatar
craig3972 craig3972 is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Boat: 2006 mastercraft x-star
Location: canada
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
I don't think you could be more wrong. A 45 with the 8.1 in it is anything but sluggish.

If a three and a half foot difference is almost as big, I guess the X15 is almost as big as the X45?
V-drives are sluggish at best, large v-drives are more sluggish.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.