Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91 Mastercraft Prostar
reposting a few of the same pictures. ill checkout that thread on the interior spray. Saving money means i can spend it on a lift! If the spray gets me another year or so id be real happy.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2013, 09:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismath88 View Post
So, didn't get as much done as i would have liked. mostly more compounding the same areas. did do some looking into decals, I'm considering the newer chrome 3D plastic ones that stick out... but I've taken some side profiles in the hope that someone better than I with computers could superimpose the stars and stripes logo on it. or the bigger chrome and black mastercraft logo. I think it was on a Sammy d edition. I also tried using a car scratch repair 4 in one kit. the few scratches that won't come out with buffing are well above the water line. couldn't find a great color match but it made it much less noticeable after sanding and buffing it. Probably going to work on it this weekend as well. I have been back and forth on the interior as its not horrible and only the engine cover and bottom driver seat cushion need recovering.. I got a quote for 1700 to replace the entire interior including new foam. this is from a real shop who does good work and would use marine vinyl and foam. I'mjust trying to save money and see if anyone has used thoes spray vinyl repair things or a service like fibrenew. some seats only have mold issues but it comes back after i clean it... or should i just get it all recovered.
$1700 seems like a super price for a complete interior. I would have a hard time passing that up. Boat looks great, love that Flagship Blue.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:10 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
That boat clearly needs a Z06.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:34 PM
TT Enthusiast

progress has been slow, so many projects. Going this weekend to potentially pickup a Harbor Master aluminum electric powered lift for 800 or so bucks potentially... winter and craigslist stalking has its benefits....

meanwhile I have come to the conclusion that it will be much more work than I thought to be able to see my reflection in my boats entire hull... the buffer was pushed to the point where it got a bit stinky but it is only half as shiny as it is under where the upholstery was removed. Since i've gotten this far my ocd will not allow me to leave it alone. 1000 then 1500 grit wet sanding over the 600 marks then compound and polish... Would have saved much time if i had just gone this way originally but you live and learn.

I'm having my brother whos a graph designer work up some logo ideas, a more modern style or old school stars and stripes with a twist. Will post what he comes up with.

also polished faded black dashboard which came out really good with minimal effort. and removed steering wheel which involved cutting notches in the screws with a dremel as all the Alan keys twisted. I have my eyes on a new grant wheel which will look really nice.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2013, 10:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

as you can see actually got the girlfriend working the buffer, figured that had to be documented.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:25 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
The dash really came back to life. The GF looks pretty handy
Old 11-08-2013, 09:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
Its looking great!!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:21 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1993 Mastercraft Prostar 190, 285 hp HO, 1:1
Your boat is looking great. Here's some pics of my boat when I sprayed the seats to hide the yellowing.

This is great stuff for buying time. It is all in the prep as to how long it holds. Must be clean and must really tape off what you don't want to get overspray on. It is a marine grade dye from SEM and there are only about 20 colors to choose from. I used Fountain Grey.
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2013, 09:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

thanks guys, nwmike your interior looks great! I am strongly considering spraying with SEM that grey color you mentioned is the one you used for the light grey color? Im just worried about mold thats on my back seats, ive used spray 9 and a few other things to try and clean it up. Im just worried that it will come back through the SEM stuff. my engine cover and driver seat bottom i might even try to repair... seats next season unless im flush for some reason... Does anyone know the best way to get rid of mold permanently? have treated repeatedly with spray 9 and other mold removers... mr clean worked well until the cover got really wet in rain and mold came back...
Old 11-09-2013, 10:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
hey does your center cap on the steering wheel have a 25th ann logo ?