Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-24-2013, 03:14 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Be careful what you rule out. We had a 3rd party victory(?) where Jesse Ventura was elected Governor of MN from 1999-2003 while being part of the Reform Party.
...and I might add the man had an approval rating of over 70% during his term. If you look at what he did and how ran the state, there is a reason the status-quo will do anything they can to marginalize him, because he couldn't be bought by lobbyists. He surprised the heck out of the other two parties and they don't want that to happen again.

It is far past time we get serious about voting for third party candidates, or as Ron Paul puts it, a second party since the other two are the same except for social issues. I've been doing it for the past several elections and refuse to vote for rebloodlicans or democrips until I stop hearing about "civil-forfeiture".

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 10-24-2013, 03:18 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
...and I might add the man had an approval rating of over 70% during his term. If you look at what he did and how ran the state, there is a reason the status-quo will do anything they can to marginalize him, because he couldn't be bought by lobbyists. He surprised the heck out of the other two parties and they don't want that to happen again.

It is far past time we get serious about voting for third party candidates, or as Ron Paul puts it, a second party since the other two are the same except for social issues. I've been doing it for the past several elections and refuse to vote for rebloodlicans or democrips until I stop hearing about "civil-forfeiture".
Everything would have been great had Jesse not lost all his sanity and hair to steroid abuse. He managed to bring an incredible number of new voters to the polls that, for the most part, haven't voted again.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-24-2013, 05:02 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Be careful what you rule out. We had a 3rd party victory(?) where Jesse Ventura was elected Governor of MN from 1999-2003 while being part of the Reform Party.
Right, but the Presidential election was decided by about 5.5M votes and I don't remember seeing that all of the other candidates received that many votes, combined. That said, their votes could have gone either way, if no other candidates were possible.

The big problem, and it isn't new, is that so many people aren't voting for someone as much as they're voting against someone else. They may not like the one they voted for very much, but they just don't want the other one to win. Every time elections rolled around, my dad would ask "This is the best we have?" and before I was close to voting age, I just thought he was being negative. I'd say he was just being realistic. The people we need don't want the job and the ones who want the job aren't the ones we need.

What I think we need to do, before anything else, is objectively define what we want, as a nation- what we're doing now isn't objective, at all. If it turns out that more than half want government to give everyone what they need, spy on everyone and crawl up every orifice we have, take what we have so they can give it to those who don't have as much in order to create some kind of equal distribution of money and property regardless of who works for it and who doesn't, indoctrinate students a' la Communist countries (at least they insisted that everyone go to school until a certain age and make sure they learn science and math) a lot of people will leave- I'm certain of that. In light of China's anger at the US and their desire to use currency other than ours as the World's reserve, I suspect we'll be seeing major changes to our money system and when that happens, the US government will tell us that they want a complete inventory of everything we own, they'll look at all of our bank/financial accounts and they'll tell us how much we can have after taxing us like we have never seen. Members of government will get a pass, of course, but the rest of us will pay dearly. Some have said they want one currency for the whole World, Al Gore said that nationalized health insurance is a good step toward global health care and people like George Soros are just plain dangerous- he almost took down the British economy by himself and is known as 'The Man Who Broke The Bank Of England". He's a big fan of you-know-who, too.

People used to work for what they wanted and needed but they made the effort to learn what they needed to get by.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Right, but the Presidential election was decided by about 5.5M votes and I don't remember seeing that all of the other candidates received that many votes, combined. That said, their votes could have gone either way, if no other candidates were possible.

The big problem, and it isn't new, is that so many people aren't voting for someone as much as they're voting against someone else. They may not like the one they voted for very much, but they just don't want the other one to win. Every time elections rolled around, my dad would ask "This is the best we have?" and before I was close to voting age, I just thought he was being negative. I'd say he was just being realistic. The people we need don't want the job and the ones who want the job aren't the ones we need.

What I think we need to do, before anything else, is objectively define what we want, as a nation- what we're doing now isn't objective, at all. If it turns out that more than half want government to give everyone what they need, spy on everyone and crawl up every orifice we have, take what we have so they can give it to those who don't have as much in order to create some kind of equal distribution of money and property regardless of who works for it and who doesn't, indoctrinate students a' la Communist countries (at least they insisted that everyone go to school until a certain age and make sure they learn science and math) a lot of people will leave- I'm certain of that. In light of China's anger at the US and their desire to use currency other than ours as the World's reserve, I suspect we'll be seeing major changes to our money system and when that happens, the US government will tell us that they want a complete inventory of everything we own, they'll look at all of our bank/financial accounts and they'll tell us how much we can have after taxing us like we have never seen. Members of government will get a pass, of course, but the rest of us will pay dearly. Some have said they want one currency for the whole World, Al Gore said that nationalized health insurance is a good step toward global health care and people like George Soros are just plain dangerous- he almost took down the British economy by himself and is known as 'The Man Who Broke The Bank Of England". He's a big fan of you-know-who, too.

People used to work for what they wanted and needed but they made the effort to learn what they needed to get by.
You are preaching to the choir here Jim.

Recounting your father's pre-election words reminded me of hearing my father saying the same thing. Thanks for that memory.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-24-2013, 05:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Guys, guys!! All your points are well made and I remember hearing all these back when the "Bozo-in-Charge" was re-elected. This thread is not to debate about parties, Ron Paul or Jesse. This thread was to inform all my TT peeps that they need to check their business accounts and if what my teller told me is true, we need to know what the heck is happening so we can stop it, change it, write whomever to get it to stop. Or, to vote these buttheads out as soon as legally possible!!

So please, stay on task, stop thread-jacking, and if you want to continue to debate this, start your thread...

With sincere light-hearted jabbing, Double D

Peace out!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-25-2013, 09:18 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Guys, guys!! All your points are well made and I remember hearing all these back when the "Bozo-in-Charge" was re-elected. This thread is not to debate about parties, Ron Paul or Jesse. This thread was to inform all my TT peeps that they need to check their business accounts and if what my teller told me is true, we need to know what the heck is happening so we can stop it, change it, write whomever to get it to stop. Or, to vote these buttheads out as soon as legally possible!!

So please, stay on task, stop thread-jacking, and if you want to continue to debate this, start your thread...

With sincere light-hearted jabbing, Double D

Peace out!!
Too late DD, you started the waterfall. Personally I'm glad to see people getting pi$$ed about these schmucks in D.C. I love every post from a different person chiming in who is angry about these guys. The question is, will they act out on it, and by that I mean vote for any other party than the two (one) in charge? Will they grow the stones to do it? I already have.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 10-25-2013, 11:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
we put Ted Cruz in office, so I'd say Texans are doing their part
Old 12-29-2013, 02:13 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
So, after a long wait, since I was holding a few checks to cash until next year, I spoke to my contact at my bank. She knew what I was talking about with the money being pulled from my account and she said it was a "New System" glitch.

They were moving over to a new system and the setting that controlled the Free Checking wasn't correct so the bank pulled money out. As you know they put it back in.

Why the hell the one teller said it was the government I will never know. My contact said if it were true, she would have me pull mu accounts.. Ah, yeah!

Now we know!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 12-29-2013, 04:23 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
This administration is crapping on the constitution... checks and balances are non-existent... Obamacare voted in by a senate a D.C. two-step.... Obamacare decreed a tax before the supreme court and supreme court said that's okay - even though tax bills must be initiated in the house.

fillabuster nuked...

what's next -- taxation without representation again??? oh yeah that's happening... how about personal property invasion??? oh yeah that's happening already too...

we're screwed - our kids our screwed... the majority of the electorate is uninformed....

sorry - for the rant..... just estimated my taxes... going to have to guard my wallet.

it will be an interesting 11 months...
Old 12-29-2013, 04:38 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
This administration is crapping on the constitution... checks and balances are non-existent... Obamacare voted in by a senate a D.C. two-step.... Obamacare decreed a tax before the supreme court and supreme court said that's okay - even though tax bills must be initiated in the house.

fillabuster nuked...

what's next -- taxation without representation again??? oh yeah that's happening... how about personal property invasion??? oh yeah that's happening already too...

we're screwed - our kids our screwed... the majority of the electorate is uninformed....

sorry - for the rant..... just estimated my taxes... going to have to guard my wallet.

it will be an interesting 11 months...
Each admin steps on it as they figure out exactly how much attention we pay to what they're doing, but this one is making the rest look like amateurs. This is the reason I said, when the '08 campaigning started, that I don't like Obama's involvement with Constitutional Law. I didn't trust him then and I trust him less, now. He appointed people to cabinet posts without vetting, he has allowed Eric Holder to perjure himself and lie on a regular basis, HE has lied, he lied his butt off regarding the IRS, Benghazi and many other situations that cost the lives of US officials and members of our military. His disdain for all things American is obvious, yet many don't/can't bring themselves to see this. People are leaving the country when they retire in ever-greater numbers because they can't afford to do it here. They fudge the numbers to make employment state look better than they are, inflation is far greater than they state and soon, the dollar will be close enough to worthless that my suspicion of them changing the currency looks like it could happen.