Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 10-22-2013, 09:22 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1983 Stars & Stripes
Nice pictures TR, and even better links! Literally thousands of awesome old pics of CG. Here's one I found...no metal strips on windshields. Must have been prior to some sort of window related incident. Not sure that mine is one of these...the pylons and mirrors look like aluminum...maybe, and thinking those might be small blocks, hard to tell? Also no sign of a MC logo on the inside back of mine. Are these '83's?
Attached Images

Last edited by Sawdust; 10-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
Nice pictures TR, and even better links! Literally thousands of awesome old pics of CG. Here's one I found...no metal strips on windshields. Must have been prior to some sort of window related incident. Not sure that mine is one of these...the pylons and mirrors look like aluminum...maybe, and thinking those might be small blocks, hard to tell? Also no sign of a MC logo on the inside back of mine. Are these '83's?
Some of those boats have the "fold down" observers mirror that was only offered in '82.
I would guess that they are all '82's.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
Best guess is the ones with wood framed mirrors are 82's, and the ones with aluminum/chrome could be 83's. All have show pylons in them so you can't tell by that. The only real way would be HIN's.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:57 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Metalflake Blue on Grey S&S Powerslot, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
Best guess is the ones with wood framed mirrors are 82's, and the ones with aluminum/chrome could be 83's. All have show pylons in them so you can't tell by that. The only real way would be HIN's.
Late '83's (like sawdust's boat) have black plastic mirrors and black powder coated pylons as well.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:37 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
such a cool thread.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:38 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
you have the pic in a hi res image? I can make you a poster.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:21 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 ProStar 190
Didn't they do a trick where the boat would do a tight turn or power slide and a skier would swing around the bow and then towards the stern and keep going? In that scenario, the ski rope needs to pass over the windshield. I wonder if the windshield bar talked about earlier in this thread was to help with that perhaps??
Old 10-23-2013, 05:17 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDaddy View Post
Didn't they do a trick where the boat would do a tight turn or power slide and a skier would swing around the bow and then towards the stern and keep going? In that scenario, the ski rope needs to pass over the windshield. I wonder if the windshield bar talked about earlier in this thread was to help with that perhaps??
You might be right...I think you're talking about the old "crack the whip" move.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:18 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
you have the pic in a hi res image? I can make you a poster.
Thanks for the offer, I wish I did...it would look great in my garage/man-cave.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Malibu Echelon and 1985 Stars and Stripes
There was a guy by the name of Rick in Michigan that brought a Chrysler 440 powered Stars and Stripes back to life. Quick search didn't bring the thread up. I think his was an 84 if I recall correctly.