Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 05-21-2014, 02:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Tony's 205V update

Well it looks like spring is going to be here finally!!! And after rescuing the MC this spring I have finally completed all the upgrades,fixes, changes, buffing... blah blah blah...

Here are some pictures of all that is done...I didn't have any pics of the platform before I refinished but suffice to say that it was in need of a refresh...

Just a couple of items:

New drive shaft, strut, prop, alignment, new packing and hose, new head unit, 2 new subs, 2 new tower speakers with lights! all new cabin speakers, new wired helm control, new backboard for amps, new amps, teak platform, new plugs, wires, impeller, new fuel pump, new fuel filter, new fuel pump gasket and new screws (with rubber seals), new mirror and arm, new swing in board racks, Ramp and Clamp, all new blower hoses, carpet cleaned and softened, 1000, 2000 grit orange foam pad and 3m rubbing compound followed by blue pad and 3m finesse followed by Klassse (that is what makes me look fat), new ballast pump and bags in rear lockers and middle, chrome ring around depth finder (this was hard ), new wake board for the kids, new carpet on bunks on lift, new boards on lift, new cover, and some other stuff I am sure I missed.

on the docket:
gas shocks...

I would like to thank all of those on this forum who have contributed to it with advice, ideas and pictures.
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2014, 02:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Looks great, you did an awesome job.

Quick question. Where did you get the tower mount for the mirror and what kind of board racks are those?

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 05-21-2014, 02:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

The tower mirror bought from Prostar19 the arm was for 2 3/8 and I had 1 7/8 so I made a AL reducer, the racks I bought from someone who was a new member and I am not 100% sure but I think they were Yamaha ones they work great. I also bought the speaker cans from aric.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Prostar 205
Is the speaker installed on the dash or just a ring sitting there?
Old 05-21-2014, 05:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

installed in the dash both sides... PO had them in.. the one on the passenger side was a real squeeze had to adjust the outside ring to allow the glove box to open without touching.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
Looks fine but I can not imagine drilling those holes!!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

well this weekend was spectacular ... water temp was already 70 couldn't believe it, the highs were 79, 82,82, and 85 on Monday, glass water in the AM, choppy by afternoon. Had a local canvas guy put the tower holes in my new cover, he did it same day so I had it all done for the weekend. Put in the lift and adjusted it, then after all that fun took it out and gave it he!!... started perfect, ran perfect, and lots of sound!!! so all the long hard work from last fall and this spring paid off big time... put on 5 hours and used up just under a tank of gas.

Now if the rest of the summer is as nice as this last weekend we will really get some great skiing, boarding and yes tubing in....
Old 05-27-2014, 05:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Love that boat! Well done!!