Old 01-17-2014, 07:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: NOTHING right now! FREAKING OUT!
Birmingham Boat Show

Anyone in the area going?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Just went tonight after work. Would have liked to meet up if I'd seen your post earlier.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X55, 2013, 7.4L
My wife and I will be going tomorrow, probably early afternoon. Will stop by Rambo ...I assume they have an X46 there?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astepatatime View Post
My wife and I will be going tomorrow, probably early afternoon. Will stop by Rambo ...I assume they have an X46 there?
We are going Sunday afternoon. Not sure about the x46. I went by the showroom off 280 yesterday and they had the blue x46 in the showroom. LOVE the way they are doing the logo on the side of the boats this year.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Spike View Post
Just went tonight after work. Would have liked to meet up if I'd seen your post earlier.
Anything notable in the Malibu/Correctcraft areas?
Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X55, 2013, 7.4L
Spent a few hours walking through the show today. We don't spend any time on bass boats, and fairly little on pontoons (which is the majority of the boats there), so it's easy to cover it pretty quickly.

Really enjoyed taking a look at the X46. Talked about the boat and she Gen 2 system with a number of the fine folk from Rambo and with Zane. I actually like the seating configuration. Would be fun to give it a run on the water and see what the wake is like and how it handles.

They didn't have a Prostar there, which was disappointing. We're not skiers, but I wanted to see it as it looks like a great looking boat. Guess they sold quite a few at the Huntsville show.

Nothing really stood out for us at the rest of the show. I admired the Chris Craft runabout (there was an evening nicer one there last year). Russell Marine's show prices were laughable - just a token discount. I still don't like the Air Nautique's design. The Sea-doo Spark seemed kind of cool. We're not PWC people so don't know a lot about them. Just looked cool.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
I made it to the boat show twice on Saturday. I am still amazed at how much the pontoon boats are trying to be wakeboard boats, even with the price. I looked at quite a few pontoons with my dad bc he is trying to get an idea for what he wants in his next boat. I did kind of dig the pontoon they had displayed out by itself with the twin 300hp Yamahas on back. I would love to take a high speed run in one of those.

I spent a good bit of time in the MC booth and man did I love the X46 they had, colors and all (navy blue and white with silver metal flake). The seating was a nice layout and was priced slightly less the the new Nautique G21, not surprisingly. Centurion had one of the boats with the Ram Fill system, which is intriguing. I took a pretty hard look at the G21 and I liked it but Russell and CC sure are proud of those things. I think they came off about $4k from MSRP on the G21. It seems like MC was coming off at least $10k on most of theirs.

Also as mentioned above, I looked at the Sea Doo Spark. I thought it was interesting bc the hull and deck was made out of plastic. I found out that it was made from recycled materials and comes with two different engine options. A 60hp and 90hp version. The 60hp starts at around $5600 and the 90hp starts at about $6700, meaning they are going after some of the younger buyers. There are several things that can be added as options. I thought it was an interesting concept and if it succeeds, I can see other manufacturers coming up with something similar.

I also can't go by the Cobalt and Chris Craft booths without stopping. I have always been a fan of the Cobalts and used to work for Chris Craft so I still love the direction the company went with their boats. They are both just classy looking boats, in different ways, but classy nonetheless.

I did not walk away without making a purchase, a ski rope, of which I have been wanting. Since they were 50% off I decided to go ahead with it. It was from the Malibu dealer but hey, I'll take the deal where I can get it.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
didn't think i was going to make it, but i was able to take my girls. really like the X46. gen 2 tabs looked good. boat is huge. the new centurion with the ram fill was pretty cool. didn't make it past russell marine before time ran out. was wild to see at least 2 pontoons over 100K.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
We went Thursday night. Hadn't been there long before we saw some friends and walked the show with them. I can't get over the new boat prices, all brands. I just can't justify the price of a new boat for the amount of time that we get to use it, and we usually put around 75 hours a year on our boat.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S