Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-14-2013, 03:39 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
True that!

I'm actually hoping it is NOT "Pimp my Ride" though...... They'll destroy a classic.
That would be horrible.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
I had the crazy thought a few days ago that maybe you were on overhaulin. Just so weird that the car was hidden out in the middle of nowhere and this happened. I sure hope you find it and it doesn't take too long
Would be a cool end to this story.....even better than catchin the perp

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 10-16-2013, 09:58 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
a little update ... I received a call on my cell yesterday from an odd phone number. Upon answering, it was the deputy that did the initial response/report but he was calling from someone else's phone, that of the property owner immediately to the north of our ranch who lives out of state in VA that I had never met nor talked to. They moved years ago and his nephew had been keeping watch on the place from time to time. My dad had met the nephew back in the 90s but didn't have any contact info for either. Come to find out the nephew had passed away a couple of years ago and he had hired a guy that he knew in the Austin area to do general upkeep and mowing/shredding in exchange for hunting rights. We exchanged contact info so we could keep in touch.

Anyway, the deputy said he was not calling with good news but wanted to put me in contact with the adjacent landowner as he was doing an investigation for them too as their place got broken into also. Someone actually drove thru their gate, broke into their old house and stole a bunch of antique furniture ... possibly more, they didn't have a complete list yet of what had been taken nor completely surveyed all the out buildings & barns. The deputy said he felt that with having both places hit in a similar timeframe, it was highly likely someone relatively local and possibly someone that was looking for abandon places to steal copper wire for scrap prices. No suspects as of yet.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:16 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
These bastards need to be caught. I can't tell you how sorry i am that yow going through this.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:21 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Absolutely disgusting. I guess if the criminals are local, there is a better chance of them being caught.

SPECIAL PACKAGE PRICING
4 ST205/75R14 Kenda KR03 radials
4 wheels of your choice
Mount, balance & free shipping
$529

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***[/center]

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Old 10-16-2013, 11:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
a little update ... I received a call on my cell yesterday from an odd phone number. Upon answering, it was the deputy that did the initial response/report but he was calling from someone else's phone, that of the property owner immediately to the north of our ranch who lives out of state in VA that I had never met nor talked to. They moved years ago and his nephew had been keeping watch on the place from time to time. My dad had met the nephew back in the 90s but didn't have any contact info for either. Come to find out the nephew had passed away a couple of years ago and he had hired a guy that he knew in the Austin area to do general upkeep and mowing/shredding in exchange for hunting rights. We exchanged contact info so we could keep in touch.

Anyway, the deputy said he was not calling with good news but wanted to put me in contact with the adjacent landowner as he was doing an investigation for them too as their place got broken into also. Someone actually drove thru their gate, broke into their old house and stole a bunch of antique furniture ... possibly more, they didn't have a complete list yet of what had been taken nor completely surveyed all the out buildings & barns. The deputy said he felt that with having both places hit in a similar timeframe, it was highly likely someone relatively local and possibly someone that was looking for abandon places to steal copper wire for scrap prices. No suspects as of yet.
Wow first I'm glad that you are getting in touch with more people, the more the better! Was anything else stolen from your barn? I hope they catch these lowlifes and they get what they deserve.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
The Perp is closer than you'll ever guess and as most thefts that's the case
This was no random theft nor was the neighbors break-in
If you hire your own PI this could be resolved in short order
Old 10-16-2013, 03:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
the only other thing that we can determine that was taken from our place was all the plywood full and half pieces that surrounded and on top of all the tarps to hide the vette. The investigators suspect the thief(s) used the plywood as ramps to load it on a trailer and took it with them to unload it too.

there's more to the story that I will have to type later as time relating to a likely person involved but no suspect identified yet...
Old 10-16-2013, 04:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
I have to say that is an interesting turn of events (the neighbors being victims as well).

I would think that whomever grabbed your vet knew exactly what they were looking for and would want to get in/out ASAP and not mess with anything but the vette- certainly not the neighbors stuff.

So if the two crimes are related then I would assume they may be local or regional thieves and if that is the case then they may be easier to catch. They may had been scouting out the neighbors place and ran into your vette - and probably have no idea what they have on their hands. If this is the case then maybe (hopefully) they will try sell it in the U.S. intact.

Just thinking out loud and playing detective in my mind.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:36 PM
MC Devotee

Yep, I have been playing out so many various scenarios of detective work too.

A bit longer version of what the lead detective informed me of … back in mid September, a DPS officer had a brief chase with an older looking ranch truck for speeding, finally it pulled over nosing into the neighbor’s gate to the north. As the officer got out to go up to the driver’s window, the truck took off bursting thru the gate and disappearing down into the pasture and the driver drove it into a dense brushy area and bailed out. The officer jumped back in his car to follow but the driver disappeared into the dense brush on foot. The officer called for backup but they never found or caught the guy, the truck was stolen and no fingerprints could be taken or found. Fast forward to last Friday when detectives (3x) came out for follow up on my car, they wanted to see how close the next ranch was to our north side and realized it was only 400-500 yards from our north fence to where the guy bailed out of the truck. They suspect when he took off on foot, he started off hiding around the old house on the neighbors place and saw stuff thru the windows, and then he made his way to/over our fence and another 500 or so yards up to our barn to take refuge and hide some more. While in there, discovered the hidden Vette. Coming back later to retrieve anything of value between both places as the neighbor’s gate was never replaced and he might have thought he could drive between the two properties unseen.

I did notice other things moved / piddled with inside the barn (metal locker left open where my dad used to keep his coffee pot & snacks that had turn latching handles, hasn’t been open in years) but there really wasn’t anything of any value anywhere out there other than the very well hidden car.