Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-08-2013, 04:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
why I am posting here as I know this community keeps a close eye on ebay, craigslist, etc. for MC and accessories ... figured ya'll might come across something related to this with those searches. Another couple of unique traits ... it does not have a '58 hood or trunk deck as they appear to be from a '59 or '60 (no louver ripples on the hood and no chrome stripes on the trunk), so someone might mistake it for those year models too ... and since it's missing the 9 tooth grill (unique to '58 & '59) someone might think it's a '60 or '61 (but I Think they changed taillights around '60)... Yeah, it totally stinks with cooler weather getting here where I had planned on moving it to my house to get started over the winter after all these years... Thanks for keeping a look out!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:39 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Just terrible. The sentimental value you have with it can't be described. I hope that they find it for you, and quick. Again, sorry this has happened to you.

Did you have all the numbers for the vehicle (VIN, block, frame and body id #'s)? That would go a long ways towards finding anyone trying to sell parts.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
why I am posting here as I know this community keeps a close eye on ebay, craigslist, etc. for MC and accessories ... figured ya'll might come across something related to this with those searches. Another couple of unique traits ... it does not have a '58 hood or trunk deck as they appear to be from a '59 or '60 (no louver ripples on the hood and no chrome stripes on the trunk), so someone might mistake it for those year models too ... and since it's missing the 9 tooth grill (unique to '58 & '59) someone might think it's a '60 or '61 (but I Think they changed taillights around '60)... Yeah, it totally stinks with cooler weather getting here where I had planned on moving it to my house to get started over the winter after all these years... Thanks for keeping a look out!
I will most certainly be doing some random searches, keeping an eye out for you.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Maristar LT-1
Sorry to hear about this. Yes, they changed the back end in 61, continued through the mid-years. They can't sell it, only piece it out. What a shame to do that to a numbers matching classic vette, there are so few still out there. I've restored (NCRS Top Flight) several vettes of that vintage, 58-62, and still like to watch prices...I'll keep an eye out, but chances are, it's gone.
Bill
Old 10-08-2013, 05:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
Wow, sad to see I like my older cars, and have a 69 Charger. I hate to see things like this happen. I have to believe this was someone that knew about the car being there, I cannot believe this was random. They had to know how long it would take and bring a trailer and some friends.

I hope you can find it, and all in one piece.

Tom
Old 10-08-2013, 05:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Probably in a shipping crate on it's way to who knows where...

Sorry for the loss of what could have been an amazing project.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 10-08-2013, 06:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft Prostar 190
In our area of North Texas a group of guys go around looking in old houses and barns seeing what they can find. They make a list, find the market and then go back and steal what ever it is. And I mean what ever they can sell to make buck. I caught two guys messing around one of our old barns using a game cam. They didn't take anything but I'm sure they made a list. Two John Deere tractors were stolen shortly after that just down the road and they were found years later in Kansas when the buyer took one in for service and the serial number was used to order a part. The then owner had no idea they were stolen and had bought them through a well known farm equipment trader magazine. No matter how well you hide something, if your not there every day and it is valuable, you have a better than not chance that you will not have it long.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Man, that really stinks. That would be some great time spent with your son. Maybe you will find it and it will be returned all restored. I am in Gulfport this week for work this week and there is a Crusin the Coast event down here with all kinds of classics cruising the streets. Makes my heart hurt for you even more when seeing all these beautiful cars.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, maristar 210, 2000
I really hate to hear this; I’ll keep a lookout down in the Houston area.
It seems like you are on the right track with looking at people in the area that knew about the car.
You should also post on these forums, as well as any automotive facebook pages:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com
http://www.racingjunk.com/
http://www.voy.com/16243/ (hotrodgossip)
www.ls1tech.com
As well as all of the corvette clubs around the state. Longhorn corvette club, Space City Corvette club, San Jacinto corvette club, maybe even the corvette club of America. It is worth a shot.
Good luck!
Luke
Old 10-09-2013, 12:43 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJN View Post
I really hate to hear this; Iíll keep a lookout down in the Houston area.
It seems like you are on the right track with looking at people in the area that knew about the car.
You should also post on these forums, as well as any automotive facebook pages:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com
http://www.racingjunk.com/
http://www.voy.com/16243/ (hotrodgossip)
www.ls1tech.com
As well as all of the corvette clubs around the state. Longhorn corvette club, Space City Corvette club, San Jacinto corvette club, maybe even the corvette club of America. It is worth a shot.
Good luck!
Luke
Those are great ideas. Let's try to find this car.