Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-08-2013, 03:21 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
STOLEN- Austin TX area - '58 Corvette

hey guys, worth a shot to get more eyes watching for a somewhat unique vintage car, especially any of you around Texas.

This was a fairly complete matching #s project car that my dad found and I bought years ago, never had time and money at the same time. I had moved it to our remote family ranch about a year ago, stashed deep back in a barn, covered completely with tarps surrounded by plywood with more stuff put in on top and in front ... in other words, it was well hidden.

It was taken from South of Bertram and West of Liberty Hill Texas sometime between Sept. 27 and Oct. 4, someone cut the lock (not the chain???) on the entry gate, pulled down to the barn (~400 yards barely visible from highway), pulled barn gate open, moved everything from out of front and tarps drug to the back. they either had to drag or winch the car out on flat front tires (drag marks indicate) and load (trailer or tow truck). A report has been given to the Burnet County Sheriff's Department and Central Texas Auto Task Force along with pictures and VIN.

If any of you see or have seen (trailered) this car, please contact me here or the Burnet County Sherriff's dept. It is fairly unique being yellow with a silver insert, missing the grill and one headlight. Thanks for any help you might can provide on location or direction it might be heading.
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 05 X45
Wow, sorry to hear. Good luck
Old 10-08-2013, 03:33 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
By the sounds of it, I would assume that someone you know did pulled this off. Way too coincidental IMO. Car well hidden in a seemingly low traffic area? How many people knew it was in there?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:34 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Not rubbing it in, but that is a beautiful, classy car. Sorry you have to go through this, terrible to hear.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Tough break......someone obviously knew about that car. Good luck in recovery.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Yea, totally dig the unique color and what a classic car.

I'd also agree, someone knew about it. There is just no way someone "stumbled on it".

1994 205, LT1
Old 10-08-2013, 04:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Sorry for your loss. That would be one prime resto project!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
That really stinks. You can't sell a stolen corvette - numbers are impossible to hide. All they can be doing is selling parts. You should look for it in ebay motors as a string of rare corvete parts suddenly available.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Anyone you know retiring out of country soon? Sorry to hear. Good luck with recovery/insurance co. process.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
scott, no one other than immediate family knew it was back out there since May 2012. My dad (now deceased) told some of his local friends 10+ years ago about it and I had one of them contact me the day before the above picture was taken asking if I still had it and if I was interested in selling to a guy that professionally restored old cars out of San Antonio. I told him I still had it but it wasn't for sale. He said oh well, this guy would love to see it and that if I didn't mind, he would take him out there. I said no, it's not for sale and not interested in him trespassing to "look at it". I did agree to meet with them and show them the car which is why I know it was #s matching as they went thru it with a fine tooth comb, said he had an investor looking for an old C2 vette to restore but would need to show him pictures and discuss that evening on a price, to which I repeated it was not for sale! He said everything is for sale at the right price! He called back the next evening asking if I had figured out a price ... no, it's not for sale! my dad found the car and I plan on restoring with my son when we both have the time, as I had been saving the $$$ to make a good dent in the restoration. He offered anyway which I declined.

After thinking about it, I decided it best to move immediately to be on the safe side. The next morning is when the above picture was taken as I moved it to my mom's warehouse in town where it was locked inside all covered up ... there it remained there until my mom passed and we had to clear out the shop for new tenants to take over (at which time I moved back to the barn, ~2 years later).

I have heard of reports of other break ins into homes in the general area (+/-10 miles) but never had any issues since there really is nothing of value (other than my well hidden vette).

I have passed names & contact info for the local guy that was "friends" with my dad and the guy from San Antonio that did all the numbers research.

yes, I agree, someone had to know it was there since they had to have the right equipement to cut the lock, a trailer/tow truck and winch. Hopefully someone in the area saw it being moved/transferred (we have made up fliers that will get distributed around the area this weekend and a big banner hung up with description and contact info).