Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-31-2013, 09:35 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,769
I agree, no need to call anyone flunkies. They have professionals to do jobs for a reason...
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-31-2013, 09:39 PM
JimN's Avatar
JimN JimN is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
I agree, no need to call anyone flunkies. They have professionals to do jobs for a reason...
OTOH, the guy who replaced me at the dealership where they had a management meltdown had worked for another shop down the road and the owner of that place said "I wouldn't let that guy work on a little outboard". His dad was the new VP of sales. In a company of 5 people, they needed to make him VP of sales. Right.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 11-02-2013, 10:40 AM
kbrighton's Avatar
kbrighton kbrighton is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 91 Prostar 190 - 454HO
Location: Iowa
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster02 View Post
Another oil change in the spring? Are you using the boat thru the winter?
No. This was my first season with it, so I am going to do another one after the first sets of the spring just for my piece of mind. The block drain hose cap was stuck on, so my mechanic had to suck the oil out of the dipstick. I will either get the cap off, or cut it off and replace it so I know I got a good full drain the 2nd time around. I put 60 hours on it this year, on the previous owners fall oil change. He said it got done, but you never know. It has always used Mobil 1, so it should have been ok. I will feel better about the 42 mph footin runs knowing the oil is nice and fresh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 11-04-2013, 04:43 PM
davidstan's Avatar
davidstan davidstan is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 2008 X2
Location: AL/GA
Posts: 582
I paid 520.00 for oil, filter, tranny service, impeller, drain water replace with AF, spark plugs, fogging, stabil so was that high? Seemed about right as some of the stuff i dont do every year.
__________________
David
2008 X2 MCX
1999 Maristar 210 (sold)
1996 Bayliner 2050
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 11-04-2013, 04:46 PM
mikeg205's Avatar
mikeg205 mikeg205 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Location: Plainfield - Joliet, IL
Posts: 11,403
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstan View Post
I paid 520.00 for oil, filter, tranny service, impeller, drain water replace with AF, spark plugs, fogging, stabil so was that high? Seemed about right as some of the stuff i dont do every year.
Glad I do it myself... no fuel filter for $520?
__________________
...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Glad I do it myself... no fuel filter for $520?
The fuel filter may be a "frill".
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:23 PM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 15,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
The fuel filter may be a "frill".
Funny guy.
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.


CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 11-04-2013, 05:29 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Funny guy.
Needed to be said.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-20-2013, 05:54 PM
roadster02 roadster02 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Boat: 1991 mastercraft prostar 190
Location: Westminster, Colorado
Posts: 250
That sounds resonable. I was just wondering. Mobil1, seems to be good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrighton View Post
No. This was my first season with it, so I am going to do another one after the first sets of the spring just for my piece of mind. The block drain hose cap was stuck on, so my mechanic had to suck the oil out of the dipstick. I will either get the cap off, or cut it off and replace it so I know I got a good full drain the 2nd time around. I put 60 hours on it this year, on the previous owners fall oil change. He said it got done, but you never know. It has always used Mobil 1, so it should have been ok. I will feel better about the 42 mph footin runs knowing the oil is nice and fresh.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-13-2014, 10:31 AM
XSTAR40's Avatar
XSTAR40 XSTAR40 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Boat: mastercraft xstar 40th anv.2008 indmar 6litre
Location: western canada
Posts: 61
picture of winterize options price list

Picture of 2013 MMS winterize option plans. Picture a bit fuzzy. Sorry,

Opinions?
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.