Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossterman View Post
Ours is a early 2001 ( aug 2000 boat delivery date) and has torsion axles- hmmmm maybe older trailer purchased by PO and originally ordered without one? Can you find a mfg plate or sticker telling the year? Also ours is a 205v so maybe some used leafs and some didn't?
My '98 MC trailer has leaf springs.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:56 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Prostar 209 Indmar Predator 310 HP
It is a 2001 trailer, sold as a pair to the previous owner down in Georgia. I scheduled an appointment to get the trailer inspected at a reputable trailer repair place in my local area (Virginia Beach). Hopefully they can make a determination if moving forward with a repair is worth it given potentially more corrosion on the inside of the frame. Does Mastercraft still make trailers you can buy new from them for a 209? I've seen trailers only listed at a few dealerships around the country and that may be the way to go given i saw some for less than 2k. Thanks!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
I would buy a trailer from another manufacturer......
Old 10-20-2013, 10:00 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2001 Mastercraft Prostar 209 Indmar Predator 310 HP
$200 fix at the trailer place. They ended up welding a piece of flat metal to the bottom of the frame and welded a new bracket onto this. Might get a picture up a little later. Looks like a strong fix and hopefully the trailer will give me a few more years. I'm also headed for a freshwater future with a move to California coming up, so that should help. Thanks for the help and advice.