Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked View Post
Personally, for a turn key first MC... I'd walk away after this spiel:

Boat Description Has perfect pass speed control originally $1100 Barefoot boom was $400 multiple skis both slalom and pairs thrown in with it. Also has Bimini top . Four blade CNC OJ prop Also has a spare three blade OJ prop with power slot 1.5 to 1 borg warner velvet drive transmission. works perfectly And pulls like a tractor . Was rebuilt about 500 hours ago . New Ford 351 in. engine was put in at two hundred hours ago And is about 285 Horsepower With Edelbrock manifold and Holly 650 Four barrel. Total hours are 1820. Hull has had some Custom modifications done by the dealer that improves handling and wake as well as spray From hull .This boat handles like a Porsche And is a lot of fun to drive ! Has a Pull out Kenwood AM/FM cassette stereo with four waterproof speakers orig $750
Hull condition excellent for this age few minor dings underneath. Have many service records has been well maintained. this is the most desirable hull for slalom skiing and wake boarding when loaded down. Have factory owner manual, freshwater use . Needs nothing mechanically ready to Ski ! if you try it , you will buy it! has custom master craft tie down cover orig.$500
I would have to agree. A boat potentially full of pitfalls should not be on the high end of the price scale. Keep shopping.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
The 285 HO was an option. The 240 was standard.

Cheap boats aren't good and good boats aren't cheap....

That about sums it up, IMO.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 mastercraft p190
Are you stuck on the 91-94 hull? If not Ive got a 1990 for sale in the classifieds. It originally came from Nashville. Turn key ready to go to the lake.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:36 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Walk, our run. Whichever suits you better. There are lots of boats out there, I'm sure something better will come up before you know it.

Quote:
Personally, for a turn key first MC... I'd walk away after this spiel:

Boat Description Has perfect pass speed control originally $1100 Barefoot boom was $400 multiple skis both slalom and pairs thrown in with it. Also has Bimini top . Four blade CNC OJ prop Also has a spare three blade OJ prop with power slot 1.5 to 1 borg warner velvet drive transmission. works perfectly And pulls like a tractor . Was rebuilt about 500 hours ago . New Ford 351 in. engine was put in at two hundred hours ago And is about 285 Horsepower With Edelbrock manifold and Holly 650 Four barrel. Total hours are 1820. Hull has had some Custom modifications done by the dealer that improves handling and wake as well as spray From hull .This boat handles like a Porsche And is a lot of fun to drive ! Has a Pull out Kenwood AM/FM cassette stereo with four waterproof speakers orig $750
Hull condition excellent for this age few minor dings underneath. Have many service records has been well maintained. this is the most desirable hull for slalom skiing and wake boarding when loaded down. Have factory owner manual, freshwater use . Needs nothing mechanically ready to Ski ! if you try it , you will buy it! has custom master craft tie down cover orig.$500
Old 10-01-2013, 09:44 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKinTN View Post
...... I've decided to seek out a 1991-1994 Prostar 190 and I'm in the Southeast.
http://nwga.craigslist.org/boa/4093079286.html

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 10-02-2013, 03:25 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
^^^Go get this! Nice boat for a great price......LT-1 powerslot ProTour. Enough said.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:45 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
Nice boat for sure! I'm assuming that was a rare engine option at that time. In general (with this era MC 190) about how much "value added" would you say the Corvette LT-1 engine is over the base model 351 Ford? I'm guessing a grand, all else equal?

Last edited by GKinTN; 10-02-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKinTN View Post
Nice boat for sure! I'm assuming that was a rare engine option at that time. In general (with this era MC 190) about how much "value added" would you say the Corvette LT-1 engine is over the base model 351 Ford? I'm guessing a grand, all else equal?
You're kicking tires.

There is no value added to this hobby. Market value (plus or minus) and that's the best it gets. IMHO, this is not an investment market other than a few loose pennies here and there....

That's a good boat and close by you. Take it or leave it but I'd go look at it if I were a serious buyer.... You can thank me later for taking the time to find it for you and spoonfeed the link.....

The LT-1 is not rare.... not sure where you got that information. It's an option... someone chose to build that boat with the LT-1.

Read up here on the forum and learn a lot. There's more info here than you can possibly read in a month of Sundays.....

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 10-02-2013, 07:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '94 PS205 LT1
Lt1 is not "rare", but certainly not as common as std motor. I would target have lt1 anyway if all things were equal. I'd rather have a good condition std engine boat that was taken care of than a trashed lt1 boat. Bottom line, it is a plus, but not a huge premium unless you must have the extra power.

That does seem like a good deal. I think that boat was for sale a year or two ago w a trashed interior. Which is likely why it is new now.

If the hull is good and engine checks out, I agree it is worth more than a good look, seeing how this is what you said you want.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190
Thank you!