Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2014, 02:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Where to buy walk through curtain for 1st gen X-star

I bought a 2002 X-star this year. I didn't get the center walk through curtain when I bought the boat. Who sells these? Is the walk through the same as the X2 and the X1, prostar 205? i guess I could have one made, just thought I would try to find a factory curtain.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2014, 03:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 X-Star
It's just a piece of canvas with snaps. This company claims to offer one, but you must install the snaps: air dam.

Here's a very nice home-made one by mtajpa's wife: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...0&postcount=18
Old 05-27-2014, 01:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Xstar
I like that one from mtajpa! Don't suppose she would make one for me

Thanks for the referral, never installed snaps, I am sure it can't be to hard.

I was hoping one of the dealers had one laying around, since that hull is used on so many models.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 MasterCraft X10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
It's just a piece of canvas with snaps. This company claims to offer one, but you must install the snaps: air dam.

Here's a very nice home-made one by mtajpa's wife: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...0&postcount=18
I emailed that same company for a quote but never heard back. Ended up just ordering a piece of Sunbrella material for less than $30. I've got it measured and sewed, now just have to install the snaps. All in, I shouldn't have more than $50 invested.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99 Prostar 205v 330 LTR
I was after something similar once I realised how much wind came through the walk thru on my 205v and needing something quick I removed the snap fasteners and fastened two aluminium channels using the same holes this then holds the plastic drop in door I made securely. It lifts out quicker than press studs can be undone or fastened and was easy to make it still needs a cover on the channels to cover the visible holes but I wanted to try it for a season before finishing it off just to make sure it worked and it does rather well.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2014, 03:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195 - 350 TBI Predator, 1:1, 13x11.5 OJ 3-Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordie-wake View Post
I was after something similar once I realised how much wind came through the walk thru on my 205v and needing something quick I removed the snap fasteners and fastened two aluminium channels using the same holes this then holds the plastic drop in door I made securely. It lifts out quicker than press studs can be undone or fastened and was easy to make it still needs a cover on the channels to cover the visible holes but I wanted to try it for a season before finishing it off just to make sure it worked and it does rather well.
Is that a badge from a Peugeot 205?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99 Prostar 205v 330 LTR
nope just a shiny few numbers I had handy at the time. The snap fasteners can be put back though If I want to