Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Skipper

Accepting donations for gas money to ski

Since the politicians are determined to run the government into complete collapse as a member of the military I probably won't be getting paid for a while. But I don't want that to affect my performance in the slalom course. So, I am accepting donations for gas money to support my habit.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Umm, the house just passed a bill that ensures military will be paid. As well, even if you don't get paid because you are a reservist or whatnot, you will be retropaid when the government finally comes to an agreement.

So would you be paying these donations back when you get your retro pay?
Old 09-30-2013, 01:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1981 MasterCraft Limited 351W slot
I feel your pain, just remember survivor benefits will not be paid until the government is reopened
Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
So would you be paying these donations back when you get your retro pay?
The donations are to be sent directly to me, and I will distribute and re-allocate as needed.

thanks in advance

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 09-30-2013, 02:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Actually, as boating is important to our mental well being and the affordable health care act mandates mental health coverage for all, shouldn't our gas be paid for by our goverment mandated health insurance? I mean, if we are not boating, there is no telling what kind of bad behavior we might be participating in. I think that the cost savings to society alone would more than pay for the increase in premiums we are going to have to pay for such generous coverage!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Skipper

That's brilliant. Now when the Senate agrees to the same bill there will be peace and harmony for all. The fact that neither the HOR nor the Senate can agree is exactly the reason that the shutdown will happen in the first place.

Retro pay, that's great. Tell the boys in Afghanistan who are duking it out with the bad guys that they are not getting paid but in a few weeks, months, or whatever the politicians will sort things out and then they can get paid. That makes it all better.

There are a whole lot of people who are going to have a whole lot of financial problems come mid October. All because our stubburn politicians are pushing their own agendas. You bet your arse they will get paid.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Skipper, all active duty military members will not see a break in their pay bc of a CR bill not bring passed by tonight. There is already provisions for active duty to be paid from years ago, the house just passed a few days ago other legislation that will make sure all branches are paid.

As much as I hate Obama, ACA, or a government shutdown. Please don't go around saying things that are utterly untrue. Like guys in Afghanistan duking it out without pay.

The retropay applies to all furloughed government employees.

Your mail will still run too.

The government can shut down for all I care.

My biggest issue is all this "essential" and "nonessential" bs about who the government lets go. So if they are non essential, why do we need them in the first place?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-30-2013, 04:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 XStar LY6, 2006 X-15 (gone)
Quote:
Skipper, all active duty military members will not see a break in their pay bc of a CR bill not bring passed by tonight. There is already provisions for active duty to be paid from years ago, the house just passed a few days ago other legislation that will make sure all branches are paid.

As much as I hate Obama, ACA, or a government shutdown. Please don't go around saying things that are utterly untrue. Like guys in Afghanistan duking it out without pay.

The retropay applies to all furloughed government employees.

Your mail will still run too.

The government can shut down for all I care.

My biggest issue is all this "essential" and "nonessential" bs about who the government lets go. So if they are non essential, why do we need them in the first place?

Thank you for posting this to be honest most of the gvt. will run as normal, mail, checks for SS, there will be some delay in processing new requests, but even unemployment will go out.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:

That's hitting the nail on the head. Corporate America sure has done an amazing job at getting rid of non-essential employees (a.k.a. reorganizations/layoffs) --- our govt. should be able to administer the same fiscal responsibility. I don't want anyone losing their job(s), but if it means being more effective within our govt., then......
Old 09-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Skipper

We will see. Couple years ago I was in Afghanistan when I got only one half month's pay because of political shananigans. Sure, I got the rest later. But there was half a month of fighting for free. No problems here, I love to fight! I also like getting paid. Oh, and skiing. And apparently, pissing you off. Blaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!