Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-28-2013, 10:37 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
Yes, my parents are up in your neck of woods and it was one of those shorter summer weather wise. That is the great thing about being on the lake. You can take advantage of every hour that is good.
PM me with some info., maybe next season my wife and I could take a ride and meet them. We love going to new places.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:33 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I leave my antifreeze in a winter and my garage never gets below 35 degrees. I like the anti corrosion protection. I just ran a few gallons of Evaporust thru my water jacket and risers... got a niec rinse of loose rust and particles out - it's non toxic and non corrosive...so I am going to run it to give it a good rinse... still have a couple months left to ride
Old 09-28-2013, 01:01 PM
MC Fanatic

How do YOU get the anti-freeze into your block? What is that "Evaporust"? Do you mix that with water or does it come as a liquid?
Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
My dealer "pickles" the engine with -100 propylene glycol. Every nook and cranny, including the heater. Leaves the impeller in and the AF keeps it moist. I had them change it last year for the first time in 6 years and was intact and completely functional. Anti freeze stays in it all winter. After the dealer finishes, I take it home to my cold storage shed, attach the float charger and put a turbo heater in the cockpit to prevent mold. In the spring, it's just unplug and drop it in the lake.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footin View Post
Remove the large hose that comes off the waterpump up to the top of the engine, dump in antifreeze
Are you talking about the circulating pump or the raw water pump? I know this sound a little dumb, but do you disconnect the hose at the pump and turn it up to dump in the antifreeze?
Old 09-30-2013, 03:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Are you talking about the circulating pump or the raw water pump? I know this sound a little dumb, but do you disconnect the hose at the pump and turn it up to dump in the antifreeze?
Snipe-I assume your engine isn't that much different than mine (coolant flow wise). I attached an image that might help you out. Before I dump the antifreeze I make sure the block (2 plugs), the manifolds (2), and the circulating pump are drained of all the water. Then start filling with the antifreeze as depicted in the diagram.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2013, 03:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Pictures are great for "Old Folks" Thank you so much....
Old 09-30-2013, 03:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
PM me your email address and will send you all my winterization stuff I have documented over the past couple years.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:35 PM
TT Regular

Boat: ProStar 205, 1994, LT1
I leave my antifreeze in all winter as well have never had trouble. To get it in the engine, I have one of those telescoping plunger looking things that butts up against the intake on the underside of the hull that connects to a hose that I pour my antifreeze through. Just curious, do you use a similar method?

Also, what is the Evaporust and how/when did you use it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I leave my antifreeze in a winter and my garage never gets below 35 degrees. I like the anti corrosion protection. I just ran a few gallons of Evaporust thru my water jacket and risers... got a niec rinse of loose rust and particles out - it's non toxic and non corrosive...so I am going to run it to give it a good rinse... still have a couple months left to ride
Old 09-30-2013, 04:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 81 Stars & Stripes
winterization

I simply take the hose from the raw water pickup that goes through the hull loosen it up and place in a 5 gallon bucket of RV antifreeze. The engine must be warm so that the thermostat is open. watch for pink coming out the exhaust when you run the motor. when you see pin fog the motor till it stalls. Did this for more than 15 years without incident. I stor my boat outside shrink wrapped with the battery removed. I also change the oil during this time after the engine is fogged so it is nice and fresh and ready for spring.