Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-27-2013, 02:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Just want to be sure

Sorry Guys/Gals, I know this has been on a few times, but I just want to be sure I did this right..........After reading some of your posts, I went with the "dry" winterization system. I did the old stand-bys ....Oil change in tranny and motor, fogging, Stabil and sea-foam in the tank, fuel valve off, battery out, high rise exhaust drained, both sides lower drains out and drained, loosen the belt, disconnected oil cooler hose to drain the cooler and look for debris. removed the raw water impeller and disconnected the hose to the circulating pump. I left all the drain plugs and impeller out for the storage. Did I miss anything? of course I did the usual bilge clean up after. I had a Nautique before and this Indmar is a little different so a little doubt does kick in. I left all the parts taken out during the layup in a plastic bag.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
If you have a heater, you want to blow the water out of it. There is also a little drain plug on the bottom of my transmission cooler.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:39 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I ' am a big believer in getting some corrosion protection thru water jacket with RV antifreeze w/corrosion additive.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 96 ProStar 190 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I ' am a big believer in getting some corrosion protection thru water jacket with RV antifreeze w/corrosion additive.
And then dump at end? or leave over the winter?
Old 09-27-2013, 04:25 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
I like to leave mine full of antifreeze.

Hey snipe how was your first summer with your MC. Have not heard from you in a while.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 96 ProStar 190 LT1
It seems there is an ongoing debate whether you should leave an LT1 full over winter. I don't know...but plan to winterize tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:34 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
I always was too, so a big plus to you for that Mike. It was easy to add to the Nautique by just pouring a gal of 75/25 antifreeze/water into the hose that goes from the raw water pump to the thermostat by lifting the hose up and up and pour. I can't quite figure how to get the solution into this set up, other than sucking several gallons out of a pail. Could you PM me and run me through the procedure? Many thanks
Old 09-27-2013, 04:40 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
Remove the large hose that comes off the waterpump up to the top of the engine, dump in antifreeze
Old 09-27-2013, 04:48 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
I like to leave mine full of antifreeze.

Hey snipe how was your first summer with your MC. Have not heard from you in a while.
It was and AWESOME summer for us. We just cant's say enough good about the MC. The only thing I did was remove the mufflers for the exhaust sound. I have to have pipes. Love it. The summer was short for us, but we managed to add about 46 hours to the 318 that was logged on the hours meter. That may not be a lot, but we'll definitely get more next year. We spend the entire summer in Three Lakes, WI and I don't need a computer up north therefore I have no e-mail to check. So I haven't been too active on this site. Also I'm learning a lot from other MC owners especially from "Laurel Lake Skier" a good friend not far from where we are.
Thanks for asking, keep in touch by PM if you like.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:40 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
Yes, my parents are up in your neck of woods and it was one of those shorter summer weather wise. That is the great thing about being on the lake. You can take advantage of every hour that is good.