Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 09-26-2013, 10:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 MasterCraft ProStar 209, 310 HP
Send a message via AIM to TripleThreat Send a message via Yahoo to TripleThreat
Up on one on the first try... It's been 15 years!

In July I bought my first MasterCraft. We have spent the remainder of the summer getting the kids used to being behind the boat, gradually progressing from a huge Super Mabel three person tube (more like a floating couch) to a double person O'Brien Le'Tube, to the kids skiing on two skis (thanks to some driving tips you all provided to me). My wife even got up for the first time in almost 25 years.

I have also been working on training my wife how to drive the boat in hopes of getting a pull next spring after my torn left MCL healed (tore it while on an epic 1800 mile back country motorcycle trip in Utah this summer).

Last week my orthopedic surgeon cleared me to ski as long as the water was smooth (and I had not had more than 3 beers - which isn't a problem for me as I have only had one beer on the boat since I bought it, as I'm always the one driving).

Tonight was a fairly light homework night for the girls and the weather was great so we headed to the lake right after an early dinner. My wife skied and then my oldest daughter got in for a run. She fell forward on her start and banged her legs on the skis as she fell. That spooked the youngest off, so here we were, awesome weather, nice smooth water, a rope out and no one ready for a pull... except me... I've been dying to try out the new boat.

I convinced my wife that she would be fine, so I strapped on a jacket and got in. She had never pulled a skier before and was a bit nervous, but she did awesome. I decided that it would be better for my knee to slalom than to be on two skis, but I haven't skied in over 15 years.

I told my wife to accelerate fairly quickly, but smoothly up to 3000 RPM, and she followed those instructions perfectly. I was able to get up on the first try! Man was that awesome!

My oldest took a few iPhone photos, so I thought I would share my first time behind the new boat with you all... I have a long way to go to improve my form and confidence, but man did it feel great!

NESBA "A" #719
STT "A" #719

On the Road Less Traveled...

...You Always Meet More Interesting People
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
awesome!!! good for you!!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
Not to shabby for a 15 year break. My thought process has changed a bit over the past few years. It doesnt matter how good you are or what you look like, as long as you are having fun that is ALL that matters!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
That is great! I am even more jealous that you are close enough to the lake to go for a ride after dinner.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Being this close is awesome. We store the boat inside at a local marine shop 6 miles from our house. It is right across the road from the state recreation area launch site. I give them a 30 minute warning and they have it sitting outside for me when I get there.

I can go get the boat, trailer over to the launch site, uncover it and be in the water in less than 30 minutes... It's awesome!

My oldest daughter decided that the water was too smooth to give up, so she skied for a while after my run... The youngest never ended up getting in, but she had fun riding on the boat.

Awesome evening!
NESBA "A" #719
STT "A" #719

Old 09-26-2013, 11:38 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Great Story! Congrats!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-26-2013, 11:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Congrats! While our season is shorter here in MN, It is only 4 miles to the closest lake from my house. And I live in St. Paul, I probably have a dozen lakes to choose from within 20 miles.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 09-26-2013, 11:50 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Very cool. Glad you're making the most of this warm weather we're having. What lake is that?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:52 PM
MC Fanatic

That is Lake Monroe. The largest lake in Indiana. An unusually calm evening... You would never find water like that on a weekend out there...
NESBA "A" #719
STT "A" #719

Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft13 View Post
Not to shabby for a 15 year break. My thought process has changed a bit over the past few years. It doesnt matter how good you are or what you look like, as long as you are having fun that is ALL that matters!
Very wise and well stated.