Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-26-2013, 02:06 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Truck Seats

Ok everybody,

TxsRiverRat is in need of reupholstering his Tacoma. It's an old Taco, black paint that is faded in some areas, grey carpet, grey dash, grey console. This truck is his tow rig and a daily driver. The head light has been taped into place and is awaiting repair and the grill was broken when he bought it. This jewel prolly has 200k miles on it but is still running great.

Now some may think I'm dogging on his pimp mobile but I'm not. He also has a Lexus that is a bad$ss mofo. He just drives the taco to keep the other car in the garage away from keys, carts, doors, and disrespectful drivers out there that don't like other people having nice things.

Ok so now that you have a better picture of what I'm dealing with here and that I'm not bagging on him at all, we need to discuss his real problem.

You see he needs new upholstery. I've recommended we pull the seats out of this old taco and take them to the lady who did his boat upholstery that is awesome. Do pearl white seats with pink and teal piping with charcoal-silver-black carbon fiber print that runs horizontal in the back insert like his boat captain chair.

You see he can get this job done for $6-$700 and that includes both front taco seats. While the seats are getting recovered he can clean the carpets etc.

This truck is a truck he hunts out of, gets in wet after the lake, heck he washes it 2 times a year no matter if it needs it or not, and he cleans the inside 1 time per year and that is prolly if he lost something and couldn't find it then empty the truck out.

All joking aside.

Should Rat boost up his MCOCD level by reupholstering his truck like his boat captain seat? Yes or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 09-26-2013, 02:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Well I'd say yes, but the pearl white would look awesome for say (with his daily use) about 1 month and then go to hell in a hurry. But w.t.h., might as well! It would definitely look sweet for a bit.....
Old 09-26-2013, 02:20 PM
MC Maniac

That is what the totally awesome cleaner is for. It will make them look new after a years worth of use.

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 09-26-2013, 02:24 PM
MC Maniac

So I tried to make a poll but didnt do it fast enough.

So should Rat reupholster his taco truck like his boat captain chair.

1) YES, Rats MCOCD level will go to 10 out of 10

2) YES, Rats MCOCD level will only go from 7 to an 8

3) NO, Rats 200k mile truck would then be worthless and no one would ever want it in the future.

4) Just a plain ole NO

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 02:29 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Rat should get a pair of cheap seat covers if its genuinely that big of a pos lol

I'm kidding but not really. Why spend 700 bucks on a 5000 dollar truck when cheap covers will do the trick.

If it were me I'd consider a set of wet okoles or knockoffs for 150 bucks and be done with it.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Rat should get a pair of cheap seat covers if its genuinely that big of a pos lol

I'm kidding but not really. Why spend 700 bucks on a 5000 dollar truck when cheap covers will do the trick.

If it were me I'd consider a set of wet okoles or knockoffs for 150 bucks and be done with it.
You're not helping me SammyD lol

He was wanting 4runner leather seats in it or reupholster taco seats.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-26-2013, 02:38 PM
TT Regular

It seemed to me you needed another option. My apologies haha.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:38 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Funny Kyle.

I considered doing seat covers. However the seats are just uncomfortable and it's a miserable ride. Taking it to the lady to re-do them will mean they come back like brand new seats... the headrests will stay up, the stuffing will be nice, etc. So seat covers will not fix all that...

it's either refurb my seats with cloth (didnt ask), vinyl (750) or leather (1500)... or buy new seats...

Kyle keeps saying to re-do the seats like the boats color scheme, but i say no, it would look ridiculous because none of the rest of the interior would match up

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 09-26-2013, 02:41 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Funny Kyle.

I considered doing seat covers. However the seats are just uncomfortable and it's a miserable ride. Taking it to the lady to re-do them will mean they come back like brand new seats... the headrests will stay up, the stuffing will be nice, etc. So seat covers will not fix all that...

it's either refurb my seats with cloth (didnt ask), vinyl (750) or leather (1500)... or buy new seats...

Kyle keeps saying to re-do the seats like the boats color scheme, but i say no, it would look ridiculous because none of the rest of the interior would match up
Well............. Alot of your foam is prob beat. When I did my boat seats I had the same issue but steaming them brought them back to life. If it were me I'd pull the old covers, steam the foam, and then put on seat covers. The wet okoles are actually thick neoprene and add a bit of softness to the seats. I put them in one of my wranglers and loved them. Plus the quick drying is excellent for getting in and out of the water.

You could prob find 4 runner seats but they'll be $$$. Sometimes a turd is just a turd
Old 09-26-2013, 02:42 PM
MC Maniac

Dude the boat is carpet is grey and dash is black on boat.

Taco colors are the same.

If you're worried about the door pannel pieces still being cloth then I'll remove door panels and I'm sure he can cover them for $50 or so.

DO IT!!!!

Quote:
Quote: