Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 09-24-2013, 05:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft 190
impco propane

Hi guys.

Im looking in to converting my 91 prostar to propane. I converted my skier using an impco 425 set up but it only ran on propane. I was just wondering if anyone had used the impco dual fuel set up. id like the option of running on gas or petrol as we plan on going to france next year and the lake has no gas pump, just petrol, it was a pain in the aŁ$ taking the boat out of the water as the filling station was a 20 minute drive!!!

Cheers. Gaz.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
I've not seen one of the dual fuel boat set ups, I have seen a trifuel - on a generator that did gas, propane, and I believe natural gas.

Slick set up - let the guy run off his house's natural gas line, or propane, or off fuel cans as needed.

I've often thought a propane boat would be cool - although it would be slickest with some form of removable custom tank for the factory location, as I never trailer.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 prostar 197, mcx
Gaz
Not seen an impco dual fuel set up, the dual fuel set ups that I have seen seems to be by Prinz don't know if this is down to the fuel injected engines now or just different system.
I had an impco system on my old 190 with the ford 351 but just on LPG.
We have a guy in our club knows and carries out LPG installs car and boats if I see him I will ask.

88 190, as for the custom removable tank, over here in the uk some of the boats running on propane use a fork truck bottle instead of fixed tank, just swap gas bottles and get the bottles refilled, although seems a pita to be swapping bottles I guess it works for some.
More common these days for lake / club to have gas tank on site so easy filling.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft x2 2004 mcx
hi gaz check these out they have v8 duel fuel kits.. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/propane-kit...fsub=123899011