Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X10, 2006,5.7
06 X10 Trans Intermittent Limp Mode

So I have had this "ghost" issue for a few years and it seem like no mechanic has been able to solve it for me. The transmission at idle speed keeps going into limp mode. After I shut the boat off, it resets itself. Sometime it will be fine other times it will no even go into gear. Runs perfect when towing skiers.

Fun Facts: 2006 Mastercraft X10 5.7 with Perfect Pass. Approx. 250 hrs.

- Summer 2012: Transmission rebuilt (shop said it would solve the issue because the trans was fried)

- Summer 2013: Local Certified Mastercraft mechanic briefly fixed issue but seemed to surface again later in the season.

I took her out yesterday for the first time this season. Started up and pulled off trailer. I drove the boat for around 25 minutes with no issues (speeds up to 35 mph). After I went to dock the boat threw first check engine light. I was in gear at idle speed coming into the dock when the check engine alarm went off. Water at dock was about 5 feet deep with grassy bottom. I shut the boat off and floated into the dock and tied off. After I left the dock (30 minutes later) the boat threw the code again (at idle speed). I turned the boat off, and it reset itself.

All in all in she threw the check engine code 10 times and thats when I finally pulled her onto the trailer. See the video, and excuse my narration, I was trying to teach the girlfriend basics of boat navigation Lets just say I sound pretty dumb on there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHdZ...m-upload_owner

Thanks for the help guys!

- Johnny