Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-23-2013, 02:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Storage ideas

Now that I'm a bit seasoned (old) I've managed to accumulate a lot of "stuff" over the years. So now it becomes a challenge to store it all. Let's see your storage ideas, MC/Water related or not.

I'll go first. I lost my dad and father-in-law in the last few years. So between their fishing rods, mine, the kids, the wifes....you get the idea. I had to do something.

Simple wire closet shelving. On the side where I slide the rod butts in, I removed every other piece of wire. After taking this pic, I put a total of 41 rods in it. Next time I go to the lake I can take the rest of the rods and hang them up now.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Own a 78 MC S&S
Go Vertical!

This is my new to me detached shop. All the shelving/work benches are modular built in 8' sections (some are 7' because they were on clearance). The upper shelves hang from the ceiling with no legs. The workbenches are attached to the walls and just have legs in front (Most)

I am lucky that we NOW have an attached garage for the boat and street cars first time ever..... (but I did a similar thing in my garage too - just shelves hanging from the ceiling, no legs, no work bench though)

I built most of it about 15 years ago and have moved it house to house. This is the latest setup in a 30 x 30 (although it has been a work in progress over the years - for example; I prefer to keep my tires lower now to reduce temperature cycles.); All moved when we moved (although my friends and family hated me by the end of the day...)
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2013, 07:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
ctjahn,

How wide are you work tables?

I have some figuring to do this fall as I want to get the 190 in the 3rd call slot but need to make my work benches small enough to fit the boat but wide enough so they are useful.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x-45 8.1L
Not quite sure what that is in the bottom left of that pic but it looks fun as hell!!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Workbenches

Rockman - The workbenches are 24"deep. Narrow enough to not take up too much room but still wide enough to be workable. Easy to create tops by cutting 4x8 sheet of wood into two sections 2' x 8' (mine are 2' x 4' so they are easy to move around) I also have rolling workbenches that roll under the workbenches you see in the pictures too (So I can put them away for space). If I have a moment I will snap a pic of how I did my 3 car garage to show the hanging shelves.

GoinBoatin - the white car in the picture is a 2012 Stohr DSR (like a Lemans Prototype but smaller). Powered by a modified GSXR 1000. Electrically controlled air actuated Paddle Shift, 750 pounds. Goes like stink. I have spent 20 years buying, selling, trading, rebuilding, and reselling cars to get to this car.... Just got it last winter. Only got two events in this year due to selling my old house after 5 years remodeling and buying a new to me house....

cj
Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjahn View Post
Rockman - The workbenches are 24"deep. Narrow enough to not take up too much room but still wide enough to be workable. Easy to create tops by cutting 4x8 sheet of wood into two sections 2' x 8' (mine are 2' x 4' so they are easy to move around) I also have rolling workbenches that roll under the workbenches you see in the pictures too (So I can put them away for space). If I have a moment I will snap a pic of how I did my 3 car garage to show the hanging shelves.

GoinBoatin - the white car in the picture is a 2012 Stohr DSR (like a Lemans Prototype but smaller). Powered by a modified GSXR 1000. Electrically controlled air actuated Paddle Shift, 750 pounds. Goes like stink. I have spent 20 years buying, selling, trading, rebuilding, and reselling cars to get to this car.... Just got it last winter. Only got two events in this year due to selling my old house after 5 years remodeling and buying a new to me house....

cj
Cool! Thanks for the reply. we are closing our pool down for the winter this Saturday and will be working on the garage on Sunday.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 PM
MC Fanatic

And Here is the garage (attached)

Here are the hanging shelves I promised in the 3 car attached. No... its not all painted and pretty. Built for function not pretty. If I had the time I would paint but.... priorities.

The shelves here are 24" deep again here. High enough I can walk under without hitting my head. And to park the ATV/Mower/blower/boats/etc below. Ski equipment is all in the basement...

But.... Both of these garages/shops have 10' ceilings which is huge.

Cj
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2013, 11:37 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1995 Prostar 190
CT, your shelves don't have to be that high for you to walk under them!! LOL
Old 09-24-2013, 12:02 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
Send a message via AIM to cbryan70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjahn View Post
Here are the hanging shelves I promised in the 3 car attached. No... its not all painted and pretty. Built for function not pretty. If I had the time I would paint but.... priorities.

The shelves here are 24" deep again here. High enough I can walk under without hitting my head. And to park the ATV/Mower/blower/boats/etc below. Ski equipment is all in the basement...

But.... Both of these garages/shops have 10' ceilings which is huge.

Cj
What color is the flake on your ss?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:17 AM
MC Fanatic

Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbryan70 View Post
What color is the flake on your ss?
Dark Green stripe over light green; textured top. (grey and white interior)