Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-07-2004, 10:58 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Food For Thought

Not to get all patriotic and sappy, but a friend of mine who is a Marine Heliocopter pilot sent this out as he was leaving for a year tour in Iraq. I know I am very thankful that we have such honorable men and women defending the thing I hold most precious, freedom. The right to water ski, the right for my kid to attend school and college, the right to express my opinion, own a gun and have a say in who leads our country. Again, I thought this was very heart felt. The writer again is a Marine, not a media guy, or someone selling his life story. He is a skier like us. He owns a Tige and is an avid barefooter. Please take 60 seconds and read this. Thanks.

Trying to explain why you do something is sometimes very difficult if there is not a clear and definable goal or objective. Sometimes you have to look backwards in order to explain the future. By this I can explain myself the easiest.

We as a Nation, a State, a Town, a Family and an Individual can exist and do what we do because of people who came before us and fought for that right! This right which is generally taken for granted is a gift from those who had the desire and conviction to remain steadfast and win and then protect this right.

Now there has become another point in time that our freedom is challenged. I believe that there is now a clear and present danger by a truly evil mind set that threatens our freedom. A freedom we as a free people have become so use to that we do not give it a second thought.

This scares the hell out of me because I feel there are so many of us that would so easily and carelessly give this cherished gift away without even knowing.

There end lies my belief and desire to be a part of defending this freedom. I love my Family I Love my friends both at work and at play, and I Love my Country! I do not always love the people who do not believe as I do but I will fight just the same for their right to pursue their freedom.

I am fully aware that I will be going into harms way to a land where some people want me and my way of life dead. I pray to God to give me the strength to perform in a manner that will enable me to be successful on my mission. I also put my life in God's hands and ask him to use it for good against evil.

To my wife and family, to my dear friends and co workers, I love you all and always want you to remember that I do what I do with total conviction to God, Country, Friends and Family.

Please take care of one another while I am gone and always remember that the price of freedom is not free and that the ones that have volunteered to fight for this right do not do it for money or fame but from a since of duty.

With all my love I will miss you all and think of you often.

God Bless America
Old 09-07-2004, 11:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Brian,
I can't begin to explain the respect that I have for all who sacrifice so much for our country.
These great individuals and their families deserve the upmost respect and gratitude for their service.
I am truly humbled while in their presence.
Sincerely,
Stevo
Old 09-08-2004, 08:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 95 PS 190 EFI
Send a message via AIM to jimmer2880
This made my eyes swell....

I work for a very large government contractor. Working where I do - I'd say that 98% of the people I work with are very very patriotic & most are ex-military or current guard members. I have more than a couple friends/coworkers currently serving in the mid-east. However - living where I do (about 2 hours outside of DC) I get to interact quite a bit with people who don't believe in what our military is currently doing. I can respect many of them since they vote & are somewhat versed on what the problems are. It is the people like Michael Moore who form opinions based on feelings rather than facts that I have disgust for. Freedom Ain't Free. That's for sure. No doubt that everyone of us owes our lives to the people who defend this great country!
"I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
It's time to SKI.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
Brian,

I'll definitely be praying for your friend and the other men and women who are protecting our freedom. We take so much for granted.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205, 275hp EFI -- Original Owner
Old 09-08-2004, 06:41 PM
MC Platinum

Thank you gentleman.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
Nuke there A$$, and take there gas....
Old 09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
MC Platinum

Rick!!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Triton 176 Mag
As I have said a few times on the board, "pray for the troops". They do what we all think about doing, fighting for our country and way of life. And if you don't, move to France!
Old 09-08-2004, 09:08 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Me Too..

The wife calls me abrasive
The kids call me Daddy Sweetwater
But the ladies, they just call me El Guapo
Old 09-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Leroy

I don't normally pick on the French, but heard a good one.

News flash: The terror alert in France went up from from Hide to Run!