Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 09-30-2013, 04:43 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2010 X2
2010 X2 Winterize questions.

Hi guys, Getting ready to winterize in a couple weeks and am collecting parts, I normally have the dealer do it, but this year I am doing it myself.

I have a couple of questions, first I cannot find anywhere what the part number is for the impellor. on the MCX engine.

Also on my transmission, the manual list about 3 or 4 different ones, anyone know which one the X2 has, I was going to change the fluid, looks like it is just engine oil. Is that correct?

Thanks
Jason
Old 10-01-2013, 11:52 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Call Discount Inboard Marine for the impeller. They'll sell and send you the correct one and they were the cheapest I could find. Also use the Malibu or USA Waterski discount.

I just did my trans on my 07 X2 and it took just shy of 5 quarts of 15W - 40W oil. I typically use MotorCraft but Delo was on sale this year. It's the same as what's recommended for the engine. I also use the "put back what you took out" method on the trans fluid change. I pump it all out, measure what I took out with a quart measuring cup (you can get these at West Marine and even saw some at Home Depot on Saturday) then put back in the same amount you took out.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2010 X2
Thanks!

I bought Delo as well, So that will be going in the engine and Trans.