Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-19-2013, 12:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 190, 1989, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
only advice I have is from salina ks on to Denver. do not buy fuel in hays ($$$) don't stop in Oakley (smells like cow crap depending on the wind) fuel prices not to back in Colby and Goodland. Next decent area to refuel is Limon, Co. Don't stop and the 1st (east exit) but the next one. better prices there. From Limon you are only 100 miles from Denver.

In regards to S & W I stopped by there two summers ago while visiting my mom who lives in evergreen. very nice dealership overall. since I was from out of the area they really didn't want to talk to me.
Good Advice! I got caught in a blizzard on night while driving from Overland Park, KS to Winter Park, CO years ago. Got off the interstate at Colby and took the last room at the Kansas Kountry Inn. Slept with all of my regular clothes on, and kept my shoes on when walking around the room
Somewhere between SML and LKG
Old 09-21-2013, 08:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
only advice I have is from salina ks on to Denver. do not buy fuel in hays ($$$) don't stop in Oakley (smells like cow crap depending on the wind) fuel prices not to back in Colby and Goodland. Next decent area to refuel is Limon, Co. Don't stop and the 1st (east exit) but the next one. better prices there. From Limon you are only 100 miles from Denver.

In regards to S & W I stopped by there two summers ago while visiting my mom who lives in evergreen. very nice dealership overall. since I was from out of the area they really didn't want to talk to me.
Above advice is spot on!

We're on our way back from Denver now with the "Cobra".