Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-17-2013, 04:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
Florence SC to Denver suggestions

Leaving Thursday from Florence SC with a buddy to pick up a Factory Five Roadster ("Cobra" replica) in Denver.

Thought I might take the opportunity to stop at a MC dealer or two along the way...Anyone familiar with Aquasport Marine in Lebanon TN and/or S&W Performance Marine in Denver? Typically enough in stock to make a visit worthwhile?

Any other suggestions for relative points of interest along the way (US40 to I70) are appreciated! Unfortunately going to be a whirlwind trip so I'm somewhat constrained on detours.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Why you not taking I70 the whole way? A stop in St Louis for a Cards game and then a brewery tour would break the monotony. Then some steaks in Kansas City. There is a reason they call those "fly over states". There is not much to see along I-40. I know, I have lived in Arkansas for a long time.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by drschemel View Post
Why you not taking I70 the whole way? A stop in St Louis for a Cards game and then a brewery tour would break the monotony. Then some steaks in Kansas City. There is a reason they call those "fly over states". There is not much to see along I-40. I know, I have lived in Arkansas for a long time.
We're picking up I70 in St. Louis. Our Florence, SC starting point takes us up through Nashville then NW to St. Louis/I70 and then westward from there.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soacj View Post
Leaving Thursday from Florence SC with a buddy to pick up a Factory Five Roadster ("Cobra" replica) in Denver.

Thought I might take the opportunity to stop at a MC dealer or two along the way...Anyone familiar with Aquasport Marine in Lebanon TN and/or S&W Performance Marine in Denver? Typically enough in stock to make a visit worthwhile?

Any other suggestions for relative points of interest along the way (US40 to I70) are appreciated! Unfortunately going to be a whirlwind trip so I'm somewhat constrained on detours.
That's my local MC dealer. Great guys Sandy (GUY) is the owner. Also talk to Michael and Steve in service very good guys. They have a decent pro shop too so bring some cash! It's right off I-40. Maybe a mile. They have a lot of boats too.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:54 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X2
Knoxville has a nice MC dealership too. If you have a few hours you can set up a MasterCraft factory tour too. It's also not far from I-40. I did one last year and would highly recommend.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2009 X-Star 2003 X2 (SOLD)
Dealership in Knoxville had a lot of boats when I went through about a month ago.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 197 WTT / 1992 Barefoot Sanger
Post pictures of the Cobra.

There is one for sale in northern Kentucky. Looks nice from the road. Standard blue with white stripe. Could save you about four days of driving.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:12 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by soacj View Post
We're picking up I70 in St. Louis. Our Florence, SC starting point takes us up through Nashville then NW to St. Louis/I70 and then westward from there.
only advice I have is from salina ks on to Denver. do not buy fuel in hays ($$$) don't stop in Oakley (smells like cow crap depending on the wind) fuel prices not to back in Colby and Goodland. Next decent area to refuel is Limon, Co. Don't stop and the 1st (east exit) but the next one. better prices there. From Limon you are only 100 miles from Denver.

In regards to S & W I stopped by there two summers ago while visiting my mom who lives in evergreen. very nice dealership overall. since I was from out of the area they really didn't want to talk to me.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:09 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1985 Stars & Stripes
I live in Evergreen too. When I have been to S& W I didn't think they wanted to talk to me either. I use them if I don't have any better option. The place looks nice
Old 09-19-2013, 06:30 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks for the comments! The car is being purchased by my buddy from another friend of his and it's not completed. Needless to say, the car's current state does not really lend itself to shipping and we're itching for a road trip anyways! We hit the road today...