Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 09-17-2013, 01:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveh20 View Post
Yeah I kick my self in the ***. The MC dealer here had a 2012 with 30 hrs for 59k that they ended up selling for less then 55k. I already am way over budget for this boat and would be happy to pay 42-43 for it but the guy will take my bike in trade. I figure if it hits the fan I should get low 40s if I have to sell? Would love more input on this boat as well. Still a little on the fence about resale.
2012 with 30 hours??? i sold mine with 300 hours for 65
Old 09-17-2013, 04:52 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: ???????
Yeah and that was at a dealer! I called on it today notice they had taken it off the website. Super good deal at 59 can't believe they sold it for less. I get a little crazy shopping out of my budget sometimes. I couldn't justify that much money for a boat I can only use for months a year. As it is this one is already 10k more then I was looking to spend.
Why did you have the worst three years with yours?
Old 09-17-2013, 05:08 PM
MC Maniac

had to go back to the factory to get re gelled because of gel coat bubbles. that took 4 months
the fuel pump went out and left me stranded in the middle of the lake
couldnt get a decent surf wake with over 1k in ballast
wakeboard wake was marginal
electronics were confusing (nothing wrong with them though)
KGB ballast tank cracked resulting in boat gone for 3 months again getting split in half
constant hiss through the stereo, couldnt diagnose even with the help of an electrical engineer
surf tabs were useless
interior leds fried within months
trailer brakes always locked up while driving, happening on multiple trucks.
ballast timers never worked
depth gauge read 90ft, then would spontaneously drop to 4 feet deep knowing I'm in about 40ft of water
perfect pass would randomly floor it while engaged
miss my old 2000 205V. when asking the dealer why my boat was a sack of sh*t compared to my old boat, they told me its to be expected when making a model year jump from a 2000 to a 2010, with an identical lecture from the warranty claims guy at MC HQ .
Old 09-17-2013, 07:57 PM
TT Newbie

Wow that is horrible for a boat that cost that much! I'm would be pissed! Did you trade it in? Hopefully it sank and was crushed so no one else has those problems. Did you buy new?
Old 09-18-2013, 12:21 AM
MC Maniac

sold it to some dude in Luisiana. good riddens. bought her brand new in 2010
Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 X-15
Wow Aric. That is quite a story about your boat. I have an 09 X-15 and have luckily not experienced anything you described above (knock on wood). I would agree with your statement that the X-15 is truly a crossover. It does a little bit of everything, but no where near what a purpose built boat does. However if you are looking for a boat with tons of storage, room for a few families and that can allow you and your family to do a variety of water sports then it truly is a great boat. If you are hard core for a specific water sport this may not be your boat. We have 3 kids and they all like different things so ours has worked out well. For a lower hour boat expect to pay 50-55 but you never know this time of year.

Tim
Old 09-18-2013, 11:10 AM
TT Newbie

I'm looking total would be about 48k the guy will take my 2011 Harley road glide and 30k for the boat. He already has it winterized from last winter so I will have to pay to winterize again after a test drive. The season isn't very long up here in Maine. What should I check for on a test drive? I can't imagine the boat is too bad with 44 hrs? I did look it over and the only things I noticed where fading on the swim platform and some light scratches on the hull from the one of the bunks on the trailer. I'm more concerened with the value where something happen could I sell this in the low 40s quickly if I had too. The color seems pretty buyer specific to me and wasn't sure about it until is saw it in person.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:43 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 X-15
IMHO you should be able to get 40 anytime. I would agree with you this is a very color specific boat - I don't think I have ever seen one with this scheme. What color is interior? Price might be a little high for this time of year. Given that the boat never saw the water this year I would check out everything carefully. Engine and transmission oil color and level, any water in bilge after test drive (shaft seal), ballast pumps function normally, does owner have service records. Boat was almost at 50 hr service so was this done. If I remember correctly 2012 had Medallion system and many issues with ballast so do some research here as I am sure you will find threads. I am sure others here will come up with many more suggestions.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:22 PM
TT Newbie

I'm looking at an 08 the 2012 sold already. I plan to take it to the dealer for a full inspection. I talked to the MC dealer today and not sure how "well" they will inspect it. The 2012 was an awesome buy just couldn't justify the money for a boat we can use four months a year. Interior is grey with a little blue in it.

Last edited by loveh20; 09-18-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:53 AM
TT Newbie

So what do you guys think its worth? 2008 x15 44hrs four tower speakers with lights, tower cam, vdig gauges, rear lights, heated seat and heaters. I think it has the upgraded sound package too. There are two amps as well as speakers by the driver. Would love some feedback?