Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
deer hunting in rain sucks

upper forties and wind this morning so no skiing climbed in the bow stand tonight and it starts to pour.guess our summer and our drought are coming to an end
Old 09-14-2013, 11:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
sorry about that ... i worked on my hunting farm all day ... rain barrel on part of the barn and build an awesome 5x8' blind in a big cherry tree ... i wiped out ... little Markers and i'm heading to bed

saw lots of deer today ...
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
a bad day of hunting in the rain beats a good day at work ... just thought I'd throw that in the mix ...

I am not into archery hunting myself, but anytime I can spend in the woods is my choice over not being in the woods ... Archery season starts here Oct. 1 (I think) with rifle season opening Nov. 2. I spent most of this past weekend working on a plow replacing an axle & some bearings getting ready to put in food plots within the next couple of weeks. All my feeders are up and running at 4 different properties ... and thankfully corn prices have dropped more than $2 / 50 lb bag over last year.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
I shot my best buck sitting in cold day + rain in a poncho between rain storms, but that's the exception

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 09-16-2013, 03:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
Agree on the exception ... but about 7 years ago, I crossed a small creek on foot before daylight, got in a tripod stand and the bottom dropped out for the next couple of hours. A very nice 10 point strolled out chasing a doe, BANG, field dressed in the deluge and started dragging back to truck. Got to the creek which was now a torrential river ... what to do??? I carefully started dragging my prize into the creek, everything was fine but water was running 2-3 deep in the center ... deer carcass washed downstream with me having a kungfu grip on his antler while trying to hold my own balance in the rapids ... finally made it to the other side with totally flushed out deer in tow but was worn out from dragging him ~500 yards. Deer gotta eat sometime
Old 09-16-2013, 03:30 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
Agree on the exception ... but about 7 years ago, I crossed a small creek on foot before daylight, got in a tripod stand and the bottom dropped out for the next couple of hours. A very nice 10 point strolled out chasing a doe, BANG, field dressed in the deluge and started dragging back to truck. Got to the creek which was now a torrential river ... what to do??? I carefully started dragging my prize into the creek, everything was fine but water was running 2-3 deep in the center ... deer carcass washed downstream with me having a kungfu grip on his antler while trying to hold my own balance in the rapids ... finally made it to the other side with totally flushed out deer in tow but was worn out from dragging him ~500 yards. Deer gotta eat sometime
Great story. I can see that happening.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special $699
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 09-16-2013, 03:34 PM
MC Devotee

it kinda scared me but I knew I would be fine crossing ... just didn't anticipate the deer parachute filling with the rushing water and trying to keep my balance since I had on about 50 lbs worth of clothes (since they were totally saturate with the unexpected rain water) ...
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '01 X9 330HP
well I had no rain this weekend while gator hunting... but unfortunately came home with nothing but a hole in the boat. (lucky to make it home with the boat due to the hole!)
Old 09-16-2013, 03:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinGA View Post
well I had no rain this weekend while gator hunting... but unfortunately came home with nothing but a hole in the boat. (lucky to make it home with the boat due to the hole!)
This needs pictures and a better explanation......

Tandem Axle Trailer Special $699
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 09-16-2013, 04:21 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X-45
I don't mind hunting in the rain. The night the rain let up, after raining for 24 hours, I shot this:
Attached Images