Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
This remonds me of a car I had when I was in High School. Engine had gremlins for sure. But I swear, every single time I took it to the mechanic, it was like daddy entered the room and the kids all perked up and acted right in his presence. The dam car would run perfect. It did this to me several times taking to the mechanic. Eventually the faulty part broke completely and he repaired it. But it seems like your story. As soon as people show up to buy it, it starts acting like a 2 year old.

Anyone else realizing these boats/cars/toys act just like children?
I have always said children, dog & horses were essentially all the same. I will now add boats to that list.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
*** FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS ***
Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz46 View Post
Hi guys.

Just wanted to tell you about my day!!

Basically today was the day my boats new owners were picking her up. The boat is basically a 86 skier but built in the uk and called a pro comp. I got up early to check everything was in order and to fit a new starter solenoid and coil just to make sure everything was perfect for them.

All parts were fitted in minutes and I tested it out with a fake lake, everything seemed sweet. The new owners turned up, handed over the cash and launched the boat. Around 20 minutes later they got towed in!!!!

Ive owned the boat for the last 3 Years and its never let me down.

When the boat came I swapped back to the original coil and it fired straight up. The new coil must have been faulty. The boats back up and running but has a misfire on the holeshot, im guessing the points and condenser are fried.

Anyway the guy still had the boat on the understanding id get him a replacement set of point's and condenser. I cant begin to describe the embarrassment and guilt I felt. I guess the moral of the story is if it aint broke dont fix it!!!

The only good thing to come out of this is that I picked up my new to me 91 prostar this afternoon!!!
It's not as bad as what my friend went through last Wednesday. He has two Carver 33' boats- he calls them 'rescue boats' because he bought one from his BIL when his sister was going through a divorce and the BIL didn't want to make the payments and the other was in storage for years, but the owner stopped paying for keeping it at the shipyard, so the yard took possession. They both needed work and both have generally run very well. We used both for a Big Brothers/Big Sisters outing two weeks ago and I noticed the port engine's oil pressure was low, but still present, so I told him. He took it out last week and it was fine. Wednesday, he took a couple out because they were interested in buying it, but while they were cruising along, a connecting rod went through the oil pan.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
I have always said children, dog & horses were essentially all the same. I will now add boats to that list.
Might as well add women to the list.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Might as well add women to the list.
Women are waaaaay to unpredictable for that. Just when you think you have them figured out, they throw you a curve ball. And while kids, dogs, horses & boats have their unfriendly side, they aren't conniving and vindictive.

SPECIAL PRICE
ST205/75R15 KENDA LOADSTAR ON 15X5 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL, BALANCED & DELIVERED - $125 EACH

Tandem Axle Packages Starting at $569 - 4 Aluminum wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.
Single Axle Package Starting at $319 - 2 Aluminum wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount & balance.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Women are waaaaay to unpredictable for that. Just when you think you have them figured out, they throw you a curve ball. And while kids, dogs, horses & boats have their unfriendly side, they aren't conniving and vindictive.
I thought you meant, when you think you have them dialed in, they go off on some wild tangent.

I went to a festival yesterday and while I was waiting for some friends to show up, a woman sat down nearby. A few minutes later, a guy sat down and she started giving him crap about not finding her when a thunderstorm rolled through. He apologized, and she just wouldn't let it go. To make it worse, she had a really annoying voice and it was really easy to hear them, even though I was wearing ear plugs (from the band that had just stopped). The thing I don't like about what she did is that it was public- I would have walked.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:15 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I thought you meant, when you think you have them dialed in, they go off on some wild tangent.

I went to a festival yesterday and while I was waiting for some friends to show up, a woman sat down nearby. A few minutes later, a guy sat down and she started giving him crap about not finding her when a thunderstorm rolled through. He apologized, and she just wouldn't let it go. To make it worse, she had a really annoying voice and it was really easy to hear them, even though I was wearing ear plugs (from the band that had just stopped). The thing I don't like about what she did is that it was public- I would have walked.
Can't ague with the dialed in surprise.

She showed no class in doing that in public. Typically women will save something like that to throw into an argument somewhere down the line. My guess is her grudge-library was full and she just had to chew him out in public.

SPECIAL PRICE

Old 09-08-2013, 01:52 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Can't ague with the dialed in surprise.

She showed no class in doing that in public. Typically women will save something like that to throw into an argument somewhere down the line. My guess is her grudge-library was full and she just had to chew him out in public.
At one point, he said something like "I didn't think it was a big deal" and she replied "That's typical, for you".

I'm sure you have heard a train's brakes squealing and her voice had that effect on me. I used that analogy because the festival stage was next to a rail line and trains passed while the bands played. One train's brakes were squealing and it was almost a relief, compared with her voice.

I almost went over to tell her that if she wanted to ream him, she should do it privately because it's degrading to her and embarrassing for him.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:51 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft 190
Haha, well I am glad its not just me that has to go through these things!!

On a different note, is a power slot transmission easily identified? I ask as when I took my new boat for a test run the owner mentioned there was a reduction box on the back of the gearbox.... admittedly I should have asked the guy what he meant but the penny didnt drop until just now... the gear box looks longer than the 1 on my skier. I cant even post pictures as I dont keep the boat at home.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz46 View Post
... the gear box looks longer than the 1 on my skier...
Correct.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 09-08-2013, 06:03 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft 190
So its a power slot??? Sweet. Do they require any extra maintenance?