Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-07-2013, 07:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
X-15 may be a candidate given the specs you laid out, though they may not be old enough to be less than $40k yet. I have seen a number of '07s asking mid 40s, though I don't know their condition or options.

The X-15 has good wakeboard and surf wakes (with enough weight surfing) and has enough of a V hull that its not bad in chop.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:01 PM
MC Fanatic

X-15 may be a candidate given the specs you laid out, though they may not be old enough to be less than $40k yet. I have seen a number of '07s asking mid 40s, though I don't know their condition or options.

The X-15 has good wakeboard and surf wakes (with enough weight surfing) and has enough of a V hull that its not bad in chop.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Tige RZ2, previously 99 MC205
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
The 30 is really the it boat that may give you what you are looking for in that price range , but the rough water ride is still awful. Better than the 205 for sure , but not great. Surprisingly the X2 does surf prett well. I think better than a 205v for sure in the goofy side. Subce you mentioned being outside the MC line and are somewhat concerned about the surf wake. In your price range dare are I say a Centurion Avalanche would fit the bill. Rough water ride is next to none, wakeboard wake is very steep and poppy and it requires minimal weight to amp up the wakeboard wake. It also was the bench mark for surf waves before the Enzo.
A older X30 sounds like it might work for me. I may even be able to stay well under the max budget. Avalanches are actually right at the top of my list. They seem to be a good fit for what i need and they are well within my budget. I do have to admit they tend to look cheap compared to some of the nicer stuff like MC or Malibu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coz View Post
Considering the harsh elements in Az, at 15 years old she's been good to me. I did dump $800 into to it last month for things the trailer guy said should have been replaced 5 years ago
Mine was originally from AZ too. The new owner did get a decent trailer atleast, i had replaced pretty much everything i could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrove View Post

I've always like the X-15 but they're gonna be out of my price range. Spending even 40k is tough to justify with the short boating season i have.

I'm still considering a bunch of other brands. I'm really torn between getting a newer lower end boat like a Sanger, Supreme, or Centurion or a slightly older MC, Malibu, or Nautique.

I have all winter to shop, so something will come up.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:19 PM
MC Fanatic

My $0.02 - I'd rather have an older MC, Nautique, or Malibu than a newer but similarly priced second tier brand like you mentioned. Obviously not everyone agrees or those other brands would never sell. You'll find something good in that price range.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Prostar 205; 1996 Sea-doo GTX
May I get off subject here and ask what is the rash guard you have on the front of the trailer?
Old 09-07-2013, 11:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Tige RZ2, previously 99 MC205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter92 View Post
May I get off subject here and ask what is the rash guard you have on the front of the trailer?
Called a Rockgard. Just a mesh screen to keep rocks off the hull. Not much choice where i live but to drive on a bit of gravel. The only close lake to me (40 minute drive) has 18km of gravel to get there. The other lake we like to go to has 12km of it. Its not pretty but it works awesome. I'll probably put one on my next trailer as well. I just noticed they started making a belly guard for the bottom of the trailer too.

http://www.rockgard.com/Home/tabid/138/Default.aspx

Last edited by Retoxtony; 09-07-2013 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Added
Old 09-08-2013, 12:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 X-Star 2009 X-Star (SOLD) 2003 X2 (SOLD)
Owned a 96 hydrodyne. Great boat no problems. Hard to sell 2nd level boat. Found that hard way. 03 x2 sold I'm a week. Loss in value from NEW in 10 years barely over 10 grand. I would buy a mc or bu. if you buy something else at least pick one that is somewhat popular in your area.