Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2013, 02:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X2
I agree with the above. Took me 2 years of searching for my boat, I was steadily looking on kijiji, inboards only and craigslist. Not only was it hard to find an X2 for sale but to find one in my price range and the colours I wanted. I found September, October and April , May were the best times to be searching for boats. I ended up buying one 1600miles away, I asked for dozens of pictures. And if the seller doesn't want to send more pictures, you know somethings up. Point is keep looking, something will turn up and the rest will be history.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:06 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2 MCX w/ 07 Tower
Just my two cents:

I live in SE TN and it took me over 9 months to find the right boat! I too had a 19.5ft Stingray before I decided to upgrade. I looked at many different boats throughout the winter and found out quickly that MOST people do not take care of their boats. I also found out that most Mastercraft owners DO take care of their boats and barely budge on their asking prices... Like others have said, be patient, the right one will show up (eventually). We ended up finding our's about 6 hours away! Took a whole day to get it, but it was worth it!

A little trick when requesting pictures, ask the seller to throw his car keys (or something specific) in the pictures so you'll know they're current.. May save you time and gas!

Good luck with your search!

Last edited by SILENTxNOISE; 09-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X1
My 2 cents. Stay patient through the winter. I ended up with a pretty good deal on my 06 X1 with under 300 hours. It had every thing we need on it too. I will tell you that these boats are for sale all over the state of TX. There are plenty of people on here that will take a look at boats for you to get a feel if it is worth the drive. I know I don't mind going to look if you find one around east TX just let me know.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
Man, the X-2 seems like it's getting hammered here. Here's my different take. I used to have the original X Star hull (02). I added the integrated bow sac and V drive sacs in the rear. Most people pull the factory tanks in the rear and plumb in 750's. I know have a 12 X-2. I put the V drive bags plumbed in up front and put the 450 lb bags in back.

The X-2 surf wave is hands down better than the old X Star/X1, especially on the starboard side.

I think the X-2 wakeboard wake is just as big as my old X Star, if not bigger. It's just not as steep. It's more rampy, especially when comparing each boat's stock weight. I also think the wake is a little wider due to the wider boat. The steeper X Star wake makes it easier to cheat or get bigger pop with poorer form. The X-2 forces you to hold your edge longer and wait longer to get all the way up and off the wake before throwing your trick. A benefit to the rampier wake is the landing area is larger on the other wake. I don't think landing in the "hole" past the wake is as bad either. It's also a little easier on the knees when hitting the wake.

I also think the X-2 handles the over factory ballast better. With the added ballast on my old X Star, I had to re-prop. The boat would take forever to get on plane. Also, whenever I would come to a stop, I would have to leave the boat in gear and goose the throttle a little as the wake caught up with the boat. Otherwise, the wave would swamp the back seat. My X-2 has never come close to getting swamped over the back and still gets the boat going fully weighted with the stock prop and 5.7L.

I'm not trying to disagree with other guys above, just trying to present a different viewpoint.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:45 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
I came across a 2008 X1 for sale in my price range. Is the 2008 X1 the same hull design as the 2006? Any major upgrades to the design and features within those 2 years. I know the tower changed.

Does the 2008 X1 have 3 hard ballast tanks?
Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
Same hull, some boats have a bag in the ski locker.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X1 2006 310HP
Biggest difference in 2006 and 2008 x1 will be the tower, make sure it has the braces and the 2008 may have different gauges. I believe the x1 if stock will have hard tanks in the rear and a 300lb bag in the ski locker. Hull, power plant, layout are the same. Vinyl is different.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
The 2008 X1 in Georgia sold for $32K over the phone by someone in Wisconsin. 400 hours and no trailer. I think the gauges and switches changed a little in 2009.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:03 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Man, the X-2 seems like it's getting hammered here. Here's my different take. I used to have the original X Star hull (02). I added the integrated bow sac and V drive sacs in the rear. Most people pull the factory tanks in the rear and plumb in 750's. I know have a 12 X-2. I put the V drive bags plumbed in up front and put the 450 lb bags in back.

The X-2 surf wave is hands down better than the old X Star/X1, especially on the starboard side.

I think the X-2 wakeboard wake is just as big as my old X Star, if not bigger. It's just not as steep. It's more rampy, especially when comparing each boat's stock weight. I also think the wake is a little wider due to the wider boat. The steeper X Star wake makes it easier to cheat or get bigger pop with poorer form. The X-2 forces you to hold your edge longer and wait longer to get all the way up and off the wake before throwing your trick. A benefit to the rampier wake is the landing area is larger on the other wake. I don't think landing in the "hole" past the wake is as bad either. It's also a little easier on the knees when hitting the wake.

I also think the X-2 handles the over factory ballast better. With the added ballast on my old X Star, I had to re-prop. The boat would take forever to get on plane. Also, whenever I would come to a stop, I would have to leave the boat in gear and goose the throttle a little as the wake caught up with the boat. Otherwise, the wave would swamp the back seat. My X-2 has never come close to getting swamped over the back and still gets the boat going fully weighted with the stock prop and 5.7L.

I'm not trying to disagree with other guys above, just trying to present a different viewpoint.
I never bashed the x2. love mine. just said the wake was wide in comparison. only thing that would get me out of my x2 is a x25 or x30!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Blackhawk- My X2 is for sale however it is a 2011 and it may be out of the price range you are looking at. I apologize if I missed your range but I did not see it in the thread. If you would like any more info just let me know.