Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2013, 07:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketballtitan View Post
I did, however I was looking for a bigger wake. However, I did not just fill the kgb yet, I will try that next weekend as well to see how that works. As for the middle tab would you just leave that up or would you mess with that as well. Granted the extra 900lbs helped with surfing but for wakeboarding or kneeboarding was not crisp at all and I really did not like it at all.
You should play with the center tab too, see where it works best for you. IMO, a bigger wake isn't always a better wake....
Old 09-02-2013, 08:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25
I will try that as well. This boat is just a lot different then my x2 was
Old 09-02-2013, 09:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketballtitan View Post
I did, however I was looking for a bigger wake. However, I did not just fill the kgb yet, I will try that next weekend as well to see how that works. As for the middle tab would you just leave that up or would you mess with that as well. Granted the extra 900lbs helped with surfing but for wakeboarding or kneeboarding was not crisp at all and I really did not like it at all.
Don't touch the trim tab, leave it at 0%.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Not to sound like a a@@, but if you are riding at 19mph you shouldn't need anything over factory at the moment. Work on your form. Almost any wakeboat loaded with extra weight will not clean up at 19mph. Especially the X25. At that speed you should either just ride front tank filled or up it to all 3 factory tanks filled and ditch the extra bags for boarding. Those options will both give you a bigger wake than your stock X2. You are not gaining anything with the extra bags in the rear. They are of no value at that speed. You need to speed up to a minimal of 22mph if you want to use those extra bags and add weight in the bow to offset the extra you are putting in the rear...... throw 5-600 lbs in the nose. Again though you need to really up your speed. What line length are you at?

Previous : 2000 X-Star, 3000lbs ballast, LTR 330, Acme 1235 14.5X14.25prop. 1200 hrs of flawless fun
Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
TT Regular

60 ft I think
Old 09-03-2013, 10:30 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
i have to agree with Swatguy 100% You are 6 foot 5 195 lbs and you're riding at 19mph?

I really don't understand any of your posts to be honest. You want a bigger wake but you are only riding at 19?

I think we need a bit more info. Is this your first boat? Can you jump wake to wake yet? Line length? I think those are some questions you need to answer before you can figure out what you need to do and how to weight your boat properly.

In general a boat should be weighted 40% bow 60% stern, typically a good place to start. By weighting the bow, in most boats this mellows the wake out but more importantly it firms the wake up. Speed also is the other factor in firming the wake, the slower the speed the softer the wake is going to be.

With that said, the X-25 in my experience needs far more weight in the bow than the stern. We run the KGB full along with an additional 540 lb sac in the bow. If we have 5-6 people in the boat I don't run with any ballast in the back of the boat. If we have a couple of folks in the boat I'll fill maybe just the stock ballast in the back, not the extra 450. 22mph is the slowest you can really run in the X-25 IMO. There have been some posts from X-25 owners that run 19, I just don't see that speed working on the 25. We actually run 23-24mph and the wake is perfect at that speed with our rope 65-75 feet. You said you wanted a bigger wake? Honestly if you hit the wake with that set up, going 22-23 you are going to absolutely launch. If you need a bigger wake I don't know what to tell you, other then the pro tour is where you should really be....

Search Vimeo, Mastercraft x25 2013 set up (it's about 5 minutes long). Josh, something i think is the guys name, who is a sponsored rider from mastercraft tells you how to set the boat up. One of his first statements is "this is my second favourite boat to ride behind after the new xstar". He doesn't go into overloading the boat for obvious reasons but for wakeboarding you really don't need to add crazy amounts of weight. Surfing, it helps to add another 500-600 lbs over the stock+450's on the side you are surfing....

Good luck
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatguy View Post
Not to sound like a a@@, but if you are riding at 19mph you shouldn't need anything over factory at the moment. Work on your form. Almost any wakeboat loaded with extra weight will not clean up at 19mph. Especially the X25. At that speed you should either just ride front tank filled or up it to all 3 factory tanks filled and ditch the extra bags for boarding. Those options will both give you a bigger wake than your stock X2. You are not gaining anything with the extra bags in the rear. They are of no value at that speed. You need to speed up to a minimal of 22mph if you want to use those extra bags and add weight in the bow to offset the extra you are putting in the rear...... throw 5-600 lbs in the nose. Again though you need to really up your speed. What line length are you at?
+1^. Running a lot of weight you need to be between 22-24 and get the rope out to 70 or 75 feet. Even in my 93 Maristar I hate running anything less than 22mph and I guarantee I don't have anywhere near the wake you do. At 19 or 20 mph I end up just blowing right through the wake. I run 22-23 with minimal weight due to no factory ballast and my wife refuses to have bags on the floor and I still have plenty of wake for inverts and anything else within my ability which is pretty much beginner. ( I can do 1 invert, a couple spins and grabs, that's it) But even my wife runs at 21 because it's easier than dragging through the water. I used to pull her between 18-19 but as soon as she learned how to carve she wanted to speed up and did much better.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '96 205 TBI
Just to add my 2p, I've always found when I added weight to my 205 the best results were when the boat was loaded evenly ish front to back i.e. you are trying to lower the boat into the water not plough though it. We used to have the swim platform underwater but when you looked at the boat the whole thing looked lower rather than nose up. Plus it makes it easier to plane and drive as you don't need to sit on the back of the seat to see over the nose.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:29 PM
TT Regular

I will go look at the video on the setup thanks, no this is not my first boat, 4th actually with the last three being mastercrafts. I am far from being anywhere near a professional, yes I can jump the wake before I purchased this boat. I did run faster speeds in my x2 but just for some reason just have run the x25 a little slower. Still trying to get used to the boat as have only had this one out 5 times. As for the sac in the front, it just seemed the storage under the front flip up seats were very shallow and did not think a sac would fit under each. Sorry, even though have owned several boats this is the first where I have put more then the factory ballast in the boat. I will also make the rope longer, has just seemed the longer the rope was the smaller the wake was getting. But with these other changes to the boat I can see where this would help.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X9, 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
i have to agree with Swatguy 100% You are 6 foot 5 195 lbs and you're riding at 19mph?

I really don't understand any of your posts to be honest. You want a bigger wake but you are only riding at 19?

I think we need a bit more info. Is this your first boat? Can you jump wake to wake yet? Line length? I think those are some questions you need to answer before you can figure out what you need to do and how to weight your boat properly.

In general a boat should be weighted 40% bow 60% stern, typically a good place to start. By weighting the bow, in most boats this mellows the wake out but more importantly it firms the wake up. Speed also is the other factor in firming the wake, the slower the speed the softer the wake is going to be.

With that said, the X-25 in my experience needs far more weight in the bow than the stern. We run the KGB full along with an additional 540 lb sac in the bow. If we have 5-6 people in the boat I don't run with any ballast in the back of the boat. If we have a couple of folks in the boat I'll fill maybe just the stock ballast in the back, not the extra 450. 22mph is the slowest you can really run in the X-25 IMO. There have been some posts from X-25 owners that run 19, I just don't see that speed working on the 25. We actually run 23-24mph and the wake is perfect at that speed with our rope 65-75 feet. You said you wanted a bigger wake? Honestly if you hit the wake with that set up, going 22-23 you are going to absolutely launch. If you need a bigger wake I don't know what to tell you, other then the pro tour is where you should really be....

Search Vimeo, Mastercraft x25 2013 set up (it's about 5 minutes long). Josh, something i think is the guys name, who is a sponsored rider from mastercraft tells you how to set the boat up. One of his first statements is "this is my second favourite boat to ride behind after the new xstar". He doesn't go into overloading the boat for obvious reasons but for wakeboarding you really don't need to add crazy amounts of weight. Surfing, it helps to add another 500-600 lbs over the stock+450's on the side you are surfing....

Good luck
Josh Palma

2003 x9