Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2013, 10:56 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Keep the 205... You can find a new trailer for it and your problems are solved.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by agua4fun View Post
First thought is keep the prostar.
If you really are torn, put them both up for sale for a little more than you think they are woth, see if someone bites. its like flipping a coin that way.
Best advice right here. Let god choose for you, by blessing you with more $ than what one is worth. Put them both up for sale. Separate adds though, maybe list your cell in one add and your wives in the other. Not too many MC's out there and you don't want your buyers knowing you have 2
Old 09-01-2013, 11:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Xstar
Thanks for all the replies.

We are really amateur's at skiing and wake boarding. Our needs are, slalom skiing for me, (nothing professional just free skiing) My daughter's like to wakeboard, wife does the driving. We pull tubes and enjoy swimming from the platform.

I bought both boats because they were a good price and extremely clean. I like them both of course for different reason's. As much as I don't like the trailer, it isn't a deal breaker. The Prostar is nice to launch easier to pull and is roughly 1000lbs lighter while on the trailer.

The Maristar has some square footage! It has lots of room, lots of storage, but it is big and bulky.

What are some opinion's of the engine and transmission? the 93 has the 351 ford indmar. The 97 has the chevy 350 (not sure if its indmar or not?) Did I say that I love the fuel injection
Old 09-01-2013, 12:30 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Can't go wrong with either engine, though the fuel injection is nice. I bet your wife prefers to drive the Prostar. The Prostar would be mucyh better for slalom. I would choose the Prostar.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 09-03-2013, 08:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X14 w/ LY6
Prostar
Old 09-03-2013, 10:41 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1992 ProStar 205, 1991 Ski Pro
I had a TriStar with tandem trailer, traded it for ProStar 205 with single axle trailer. I still have a 1991 Ski Pro with tandem trailer.
I use both boats, albeit for different purposes. I will NOT give up the ProStar; it's a fabulous ski boat. But he truth is, the Ski Pro is better in most other ways: It's quieter, faster, rides better, has more room, has a built-in boom, will back up in both directions, etc.
The original plan was to sell the Ski Pro, as we thought the 205 should cover all the bases. Now we're waffling on that.
Re single axle v double axle: I can tell the difference, but it doesn't bother me. I like the ride a tandem offers, but I like the maneuverability and simplicity the single axle offers. I wouldn't make it a selling point unless you haul your boat thousands of miles a year. Your boat won't care what it's sitting on.
Since you're a recreational skier and have a growing family, the MariStar is probably more practical. Your kids will want to go boarding/surfing and bring their friends, and it will do a better job.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:05 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 PS 190
The ProStar will hold it's value better then the Maristar.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 Xstar
I want to say thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I might regret this but, we have decided to sell the Prostar and sell the Maristar. The Maristar seems like a better fit for our family. I would keep them both if money was no object, but one must go.

I posted some pics and a question about what it is worth to get a good baseline. I might hold it until spring if I don't get much interest.

My last question would be. Which Mastercraft is the best blend between the Maristar and Prostar? I like the high sides of the Maristar and the interior room, but love the performance of the Prostar. Tell me which model would be the best for me. A tower would be preferred, but not necessary. I will find the perfect boat, it just might take some time!!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:40 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft ProStar 190, LTR1
which boat to keep?

The ProStar color scheme is timeless. The Maristar color scheme is dated. The ProStar is a much better ski boat, and will retain its value better than the Maristar. That line has been discontinued by MasterCraft. You will be a little more cozy in the ProStar, but you will also enjoy the sports car feel of driving it, and skiing behind it. The ProStar is definitely the better boat to ski behind.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:23 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft 1996 Prostar 205, LT-1
Keep the Prostar