Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 09-04-2013, 02:05 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X2
MC X2 2006 Cruise Control

Hi everyone,

I`m new here and a friend of mine has a MC X2 MJ 2006 with cruise controll (original from MC) but not PP. I read, that a "few" ;-) persons have problems with it. So do I or better so does my friend.
Following happens.

Cruise Control set to e.g. 30mph, for 6 minutes everything is ok but then the speedmeter shows 60mph and boat slows down???
Cruise Control is (i think) set to speed mode not rpm mode. Paddle Weel is OK.

Any ideas?

Has anybody a manual pdf of this modelyear 2006 and X2? Type: Maristar 200 / 200 SS / X-2

Thank you very much!

Regards

Joachim (Joe)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:26 AM

Boat: 06 X30
I do not think this has anything to do with the MC cruse not holding speed but:

On the right hand side of the dash there should be 3 rocker switches, one says speed on it. Can adjust the speedometer reading by toggling that switch up or down.

I'm fairly confident that his boat wont do 60 mph.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks for your answer! You are right. It has nothing to do with the cruise control. This also happens during normal drive. For a few minutes the speed shown on the speedo is right but then it starts going up (till the end) and down all the time. By doing this it is clear that the cruise control cant hold the speed correctly.
As mentioned before the paddle weel seems to be ok. Maybe the MMDC has a defect?

Regards Joachim
Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjoe198 View Post
Thanks for your answer! You are right. It has nothing to do with the cruise control. This also happens during normal drive. For a few minutes the speed shown on the speedo is right but then it starts going up (till the end) and down all the time. By doing this it is clear that the cruise control cant hold the speed correctly.
As mentioned before the paddle weel seems to be ok. Maybe the MMDC has a defect?

Regards Joachim
I would agree with you on the paddle wheel seems fine. I would think that if it was not working correctly you would see no speed from it at all.

I would think that if the MMDC is bad or going bad you would see more issues the just the speed. Are there any other issues with any other gauges? I would also suggest that your check the battery connects, mostly the grounds. Are they clean and tight? What about the grounding cable to the engine? Is it clean and tight?

What I really think is the issue is that MC cruise control is at best a waste of money in the boat. MC never should have tried to build there own system. They should have just farmed it out to PP from the very beginning.

Lastly, if your friend does decide to change out to PP, the stargazer system is easy to install and I believe well work the money. Once you drive a boat with a PP you will never want to drive one without.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:35 PM
TT Newbie

I`ll tell her to check ground connections. Thanks for the hint.
Just one more thing, aren't there any wiring diagrams for the 2006 x2 or the 2005 &06 medallion MMDC?

Joachim
Old 09-06-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjoe198 View Post
I`ll tell her to check ground connections. Thanks for the hint.
Just one more thing, aren't there any wiring diagrams for the 2006 x2 or the 2005 &06 medallion MMDC?

Joachim
Sorry, there aren't any on the web, that I know of; MC keeps them close hold and only gives them to authorized service techs and dealers.

However, Indmar does have service manuals online, or used to, but I don't believe they would have the information you are looking for. Their stuff is geared more towards the motor/trans and ECM interface.