Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2013, 09:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
Does he tell you your s&s is a dinosaur for not having the latest nautique options every time he speaks to you? Wouldn't that get pretty annoying?
No, he rides behind it, same as I ski behind his. Believe it or not, he's the kind of guy who would post this in an attempt to help a person spend their money wisely. Notice he mentioned Mailbu's surf system as well. My answer would be that if you know MasterCraft will have their own system in place soon, hold off until it's available if you want the MasterCraft. Otherwise, by saying it's coming you have acknowledged that it's an improvement, don't buy a boat without it. If you're set on buying now for surfing, I would then look at the other brands. As I hadn't heard this was coming before, if it's me, I wait.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:47 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
No, he rides behind it, same as I ski behind his. Believe it or not, he's the kind of guy who would post this in an attempt to help a person spend their money wisely.
i couldn't see this at all. if you saw him on wakeworld you'd probably understand a little better, he's not liked over there either.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:17 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
So, MC is going to follow suit and create their own version of these systems, but to recommend looking at boats that already have one and he's starting fights? I'm an MC, and I'm speaking only to this thread, but I didn't feel that he was doing anything wrong. In fact by acknowledging Hus Nautique ownership in the first place, I thought he was tending toward trying to be completely transparent.
This is a good friend of mine. He has ridden regularly behind Supras, Moombas, MasterCrafts and I don't know what else. When he bought he shopped MasterCraft and Supra before buying a Nautique. As a person who has been in and behind each of the boats I would think his opinion may be worth hearing.
Guess I'll ask to hear it over a beer as he isn't welcome here.

I'm starting to agree with Thrall's quote that Cloaked uses for his tagline. "Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a MasterCraft."
Some of us weren't trying to be a holes. I was recommending a local dealer who, from most accounts, provides great service. He threw the first dart, might serve him well to try a less confrontational tone.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:20 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
No, he rides behind it, same as I ski behind his. Believe it or not, he's the kind of guy who would post this in an attempt to help a person spend their money wisely. Notice he mentioned Mailbu's surf system as well. My answer would be that if you know MasterCraft will have their own system in place soon, hold off until it's available if you want the MasterCraft. Otherwise, by saying it's coming you have acknowledged that it's an improvement, don't buy a boat without it. If you're set on buying now for surfing, I would then look at the other brands. As I hadn't heard this was coming before, if it's me, I wait.
That's cool. A person certainly should research all options, no doubt about that.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:38 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Not intending anyone in particular, more of a group attitude that I notice more lately. I probably overshot a little bit. Seems like this place is starting to resemble WakeWorld to me, but not as others seem to think. To me, it's gang up on anyone who says something we don't like. This was one where it felt like a person I know to be a good guy was getting beat down a bit.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Dang you guys are tough on here! But I do get it people on PN gang up on people who hint at bashing Nautique also. But jeez Aric? People don't like me on ww? Maybe just you and Fourfourty, oh an willyt now too I guess. What did I do on WW? I road behind a dang Xstar on Wednesday aft as i have done many times and loved it and will ride behind a x-15 tomorrow and will have a freaking ball as usual. I road behind my Nautique tonight with my x-15 buddy and we had a ball! I have a freaking awesome MC dealer 10 mins from my house and I was on a MC with him(jason95gt)on wed and we had a blast ribbing each other and talking boats!

And thanks Madcity(another diehard MC buddy) trying to explain for me. Anyway many of you wonder why I'm on here well it's just because I just love freaking boats and the sport of wakeboarding! Also because many of my water sports buddies own MC and are on here and quite honestly it's tapatalk friendly.
Anyway I was just trying to point out that these new surf systems are freaking fantastic and I don't understand why anyone that is a weekend warrior person would buy a new boat right now with out! You loyalists automatically try and jump out and discredit my claim with either false info or half truths saying things like well it needs extra bags or well it still needs to be listed to work. Well yes you can add bags and it will improve on an already great system or yes you can cheat and slightly overweight one side and yes it will get even better but you don't need to.
But why would you counter with that? I don't get it? A guy is looking to spend $100k why not help him make the best decision? Don't lie and don't tell half truths what's wrong with being honest?

Yes when I see a 25 thread claiming its the best thing since sliced bread I do provide my own experience behind it which sometimes I think other people reply to threads an have never even set foot in the boat they are spouting off about! Perhaps I do need to ride one again that has more bow weight. Jason95 you guys doings another fall ride?

Lastly, You guys will also notice at no point in time do I say Nautique fit and finish is better than MC even over on PN. I will say it is better than some other brands though!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:19 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Freakin' A
Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand2snow22 View Post
Freakin' A
Sorry I'd probably get banned if I used the other f word! . And sorry for the rambling post, I drank a 6 of Millerlite myself tonight with my MC buddy while changing the brakes on my suburban!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 AM
MC Master Poster

All good with me Nordicron. I haven't been behind a 210. I haven't seen a surf system that creates a great surf wake without bags either though.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:55 AM
chriscraftmatt1976

Nauti 210s surf amazing Imo. Nuttin wrong with that.

It's about time another thread got heated!!!