Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2013, 04:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
I like looking at all boats- ski boats and otherwise. You're right, they all have their gremlins inside. Is MC my favorite? Yes. But I also like to look at/ride other boats too and I don't like to pound my MC chest. I guess I just don't have as much of a problem with what Nautique guy said as the others. Maybe cuz I've owned a couple of them before I moved to a MC
Old 08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Not yet......supposedly going to be an announcement soon. My dealer couldn't get any specifics out of the MC rep, except, yes, we have a system coming. yes it will be soon. yes it will be available for retrofit on your customers XStar. And no, I cant tell you anymore. Just keep your eyes peeled in a few weeks.
Assuming to be retrofittable to all late units as well.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:46 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkriss View Post
Not all things on MCs perform as stated... BIG cough cough, Touchscreen cough cough, Power Tower cough cough, P&P cough cough. Just saying...
Good thing I don't have any if those on my boat.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:52 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
I like looking at all boats- ski boats and otherwise. You're right, they all have their gremlins inside. Is MC my favorite? Yes. But I also like to look at/ride other boats too and I don't like to pound my MC chest. I guess I just don't have as much of a problem with what Nautique guy said as the others. Maybe cuz I've owned a couple of them before I moved to a MC
I got ya, And I agree. Believe it or not, I like Nautique as well. If it wasn't for my awesome dealer, I may have owned one now, or in the past. I hold nautique right up there equal with MC. My big problem with Nordicron, is that he posts in every TT thread when somebody looks at a boat. And his posts are always one of the following- X25 wake is terrible and is never clean. Get a G23, MCs are dinosaurs without NSS. Ermahgerd, why would you even think about getting a boat that you have to list in order to surf. XStar cant wake, cant surf, and cant hold more than a driver and 2 pepsi's. get a G23, it costs less than a X10, and will wipe your butt for you.

It just gets tiring.....
Old 08-30-2013, 04:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
Assuming to be retrofittable to all late units as well.
Yes, I had specifically asked if it would also be available for the XStar because of the odd shape of the back of the hull.... Wasn't sure if that would make it difficult or impossible to do whatever system they are cooking up....
Old 08-30-2013, 06:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
I got ya, And I agree. Believe it or not, I like Nautique as well. If it wasn't for my awesome dealer, I may have owned one now, or in the past. I hold nautique right up there equal with MC. My big problem with Nordicron, is that he posts in every TT thread when somebody looks at a boat. And his posts are always one of the following- X25 wake is terrible and is never clean. Get a G23, MCs are dinosaurs without NSS. Ermahgerd, why would you even think about getting a boat that you have to list in order to surf. XStar cant wake, cant surf, and cant hold more than a driver and 2 pepsi's. get a G23, it costs less than a X10, and will wipe your butt for you.

It just gets tiring.....
Haha, Ermagherd Erx Ster ers Senkerng!

Loved the Ermagherd memes!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:34 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
So, MC is going to follow suit and create their own version of these systems, but to recommend looking at boats that already have one and he's starting fights? I'm an MC, and I'm speaking only to this thread, but I didn't feel that he was doing anything wrong. In fact by acknowledging Hus Nautique ownership in the first place, I thought he was tending toward trying to be completely transparent.
This is a good friend of mine. He has ridden regularly behind Supras, Moombas, MasterCrafts and I don't know what else. When he bought he shopped MasterCraft and Supra before buying a Nautique. As a person who has been in and behind each of the boats I would think his opinion may be worth hearing.
Guess I'll ask to hear it over a beer as he isn't welcome here.

I'm starting to agree with Thrall's quote that Cloaked uses for his tagline. "Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a MasterCraft."
Old 08-30-2013, 07:46 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Not all things on MCs perform as stated... BIG cough cough, Touchscreen cough cough, Power Tower cough cough, P&P cough cough. Just saying...
Never had a problem with my big screen for three years. Just a tad confusing to teach others to use..

Nordi.........

GO BACK TO WAKEWORLD! Your Opinions were okay at first, but now they're just badgering and annoying. You say the same thing on every thread. "why would you buy a boat without a surf system?"
Old 08-30-2013, 07:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
So, MC is going to follow suit and create their own version of these systems, but to recommend looking at boats that already have one and he's starting fights? I'm an MC, and I'm speaking only to this thread, but I didn't feel that he was doing anything wrong. In fact by acknowledging Hus Nautique ownership in the first place, I thought he was tending toward trying to be completely transparent.
This is a good friend of mine. He has ridden regularly behind Supras, Moombas, MasterCrafts and I don't know what else. When he bought he shopped MasterCraft and Supra before buying a Nautique. As a person who has been in and behind each of the boats I would think his opinion may be worth hearing.
Guess I'll ask to hear it over a beer as he isn't welcome here.

I'm starting to agree with Thrall's quote that Cloaked uses for his tagline. "Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a MasterCraft."
Does he tell you your s&s is a dinosaur for not having the latest nautique options every time he speaks to you? Wouldn't that get pretty annoying?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X-45
Quote:
The surf tabs... I own an X-45 and drank the MC Kool-aid. Hard look at other brands before my next purchase to say the least.