Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Boats

Old 01-13-2017, 08:12 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 Mastercraft X-2
2009 Mastercraft X-2 SS (Saltwater Series)

2009 Mastercraft X2 SS (Saltwater Series)

20' Long, Picklefork Bow. This is the smaller brother to the legendary X-Star, but Mastercraft's crossover boat for Slalom, Wakeboarding & Surfing. The 20' size (with swim deck removed) is perfect for storage in a regular size garage.

547 Hours

Larger 5.7L MCX 350 Motor, V-Drive
Factory Ballast + Plug & Play Ballast- in addition to the 3 factory hard tanks, there are 750# Bags in each Rear Locker and a 650# V shaped Bag under the front seats and extended run Ballast Timers. This thing will put out a huge wake for wakeboarding and wakesurfing, yet be tame enough for the Slalom course.

Stereo: (4) JL Audio Tower Speakers in Mastercraft cans w/Components, (4) JL Audio Interior Speakers w/Components, Dual Amps (JL Audio + Soundstream), New 10" JL Audio Subwoofer. All speakers have the Sport Grills

Forward (mounted in Speaker Cans) and Rearward facing Lights off the Tower
ZFT-3 Wakeboard Tower w/Dual Swivel Wakeboard/Wake Surf Racks. Tower folds down for storage in a regular size garage.

Teak Swim Deck

Freshwater Washdown tank for rinsing the boat off; Engine Flush Port to be able to run the boat on a hose. No Fake-A-Lake needed here!

Perfect Pass

Black Bimini Top + Boot (Not Pictured)

Black Snap Covers for Cockpit & Bow (Not Pictured)

Dual Battery Setup, New Batteries in 2015

2011 Boatmate Single Axle Trailer with good tires, New Spare. LED Lights, Fulton Jack & Winch, Folding Tongue

Full maintenance history from day one with receipts; Fluids changed regularly and on time, recent maintenance includes Re-glassed Mufflers, Replaced Dripless Seal and a few other odds & ends. Oil & Transmission fluid and filters just changed at the end of the season for winter storage.

Exterior: The boat is in great shape, and still holds quite a gloss. Has some minor sun fading on the Maroon color, and a couple of small scratches. Boat was never beached, and has no damage to the hull.

Interior: The stitching has come undone on the hatch covers as well as a couple of the interior seat bottom cushions. The seat backs have some sun fading and occasional mildew spots. The pricing has been adjusted accordingly, and would be great bargain if you had the skills to re-sew the covers, or if you wanted to re-do the entire interior a different color.

Mechanical/Systems: This boat had no expense spared on maintenance, and everything (Stereo, VDIG, Gauges, Perfect Pass, Lights, etc, etc) all work as they did from the factory. The only exception to this is the Ballast Tank Level Gauges, which don't accurately read the correct level thanks to the Plug & Play Ballast Bags.

This is a Saltwater Series boat, which means it has closed loop cooling (great for cold climates- means you don't need to winterize in the swing seasons and worry about the block, as the engine has regular anti-freeze running through it), hydraulic steering (no rusting steering cables to worry about!), stainless steel hardware and a few other perks.

Boat located in Denver, CO, and is priced to sell factoring in condition. Clear titles in hand. Shipping available at buyer's expense, or seller may be able to help with delivery with prior arrangements. This has been a great boat and we're confident it will make it's new owner quite happy! More pictures available upon request.

Price Drop to $38K/obo

I'm the second owner of the boat having bought it in this condition two seasons ago. The first owner was a fastidious wakeboarder that went several times a week, but unfortunately did not have covered storage for the boat when it wasn't in the water. This was our first Wakeboard boat, and we loved it so much we’re upgrading over the winter to a larger boat.

Even if you replaced the entire interior, you'd still be at less than NADA for this boat with the hard to find saltwater series and it's benefits (Closed Loop Cooling, Hydraulic Steering, Stainless hardware, etc!)
Attached Images

Last edited by tenmile; 03-20-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:16 PM
TT Regular

A few more pictures- I have PLENTY more I can send.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2017, 08:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X2
geez, not a bad price, but what in the world would have caused that interior to fail so bad, just leaving it out in the sun caused all that damage?
1993 ProStar 190 Star & Stripes - Sold
Old 01-14-2017, 12:52 PM

Boat: 40th Anniversary X14
Looks like a good buy for someone. I am a little surprised at how bad the upholstery has failed. But as it says in OP, if you replace the entire interior, you are into a great boat at a good price still. With the newer vinyl

'97 Prostar 190 - LT-1 (For Sale)

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-2
GLWS to the OP.

Please, no offense intended but if this boat fetches $40k in this condition with that amount of hours it would make me the biggest fool in the MC world for letting mine go for $40k last year. How pricing and market value is established these days has me really confused.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...6&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2017, 11:49 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2014 X46 7.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
GLWS to the OP.

Please, no offense intended but if this boat fetches $40k in this condition with that amount of hours it would make me the biggest fool in the MC world for letting mine go for $40k last year. How pricing and market value is established these days has me really confused.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...6&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NADA is seldom a realistic guide for BOAT or Vehicle sales.
It is mostly used for BANK values when lending you money.

In general, I have found that Mastercrafts are only worth LOW retail BEFORE options price.
Options and Trailer while useful are seldom a factor in your final negotiated sale of a used boat

Not to judge or thread jack, but
looking at his asking price, he in the Area of Low NADA to start.
Most sellers, like myself , start higher, and are/will... going to accept lower final offer.

2014 X46 GEN2 7.4 !!! FOR SALE !!!
2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
2006 VRS200 5.7
2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
Old 01-15-2017, 02:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
I'm betting that a chemical used for heavy duty cleaning ate the threads.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
any engine bay pics
Old 01-15-2017, 08:19 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesam View Post
I'm betting that a chemical used for heavy duty cleaning ate the threads.
agree. max price with $4K in interior
Old 01-15-2017, 09:29 PM
TT Regular

Thanks for the comments/questions!

While we are all aware the market for boats of course can vary month to month on previously sold boats, I tried to price the boat as reasonable as possible (given the values I have seen as well as what NADA is suggesting), to allow enough pricing room for someone to replace (or repair) the interior if they so choose. This is also a Saltwater Series (SS) boat with the upgraded MCX engine, Closed Loop cooling and the other associated upgrades that Mastercraft (and therefore NADA) puts a 5-8K premium on, so that alone makes it a bit more difficult to compare directly to other non-SS boats.

As for the question about the interior: I suspect most of this was sun damage as well as people on and off the cushions in question. While it could be chemicals as suggested (I've never used any on it to know if it does cause undue wear), I know the previous owner was awful about using the covers between uses while leaving it outside and I suspect that caused most of the issues.

One picture of the (un-detailed) motor posted- I'm out of town right now but will post more when I return.
Attached Images