Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-26-2013, 05:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
I saw the ww craziness. Not sure why people felt the need to comment. That's why I just troll that forum and save my fingers the typing.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickespi View Post
I saw the ww craziness. Not sure why people felt the need to comment. That's why I just troll that forum and save my fingers the typing.

ditto. not usually worth the hassle.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
now i agree that you can surf most MC's stock on the port side. Starboard side I don't think i can agree on. i need at least 1000 lbs extra on the starboard side plus moving people to be able to surf our X-25. it's great with that much more and is one of the better waves i've ever surfed. But surfing it stock would be a big no.
Bam not sure why, we don't surf a lot starboard, but the first week I had this boat the entire crew was goofy, they surfed it with no problem, didn't have the sacs installed yet! ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2013, 11:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambamski1 View Post
now i agree that you can surf most MC's stock on the port side. Starboard side I don't think i can agree on. i need at least 1000 lbs extra on the starboard side plus moving people to be able to surf our X-25. it's great with that much more and is one of the better waves i've ever surfed. But surfing it stock would be a big no.
We have been surfing our starboard side, with stock ballast only, of our 2012 X2 just fine. We are not doing crazy tricks and it's not going to win anyone a championship but it's perfect for us. I will say that the port side is a better shaped wake, again stock only. Not sure why that is, maybe the prop rotation direction?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft X25, 6.0 Ilmor, Pro Package, slammed and flaked!
Matt, is that video of both sides loaded down and using tabs to switch sides done yet?
Old 08-27-2013, 12:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafo9 View Post
ditto. not usually worth the hassle.

Come on guys, those gentleman over on WW are very helpful with unbiased, accurate, information. Especially Swatguy. Don't you remember when he came on here and told us all about the new XStar wake, before anyone but Harley and Rusty had been behind it?? According to him, he was able to spend considerable amount of time behind that boat before anyone else could. I guess the MC pro riders had to take a Sammich break, and they just let Swatguy jump right behind the prototype boat. Oh wait, that never happened.... And he got called out on it.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:09 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick911 View Post
Matt, is that video of both sides loaded down and using tabs to switch sides done yet?
No, it's on my sons Iphone and he did all the editing too. He's working double shifts this week, so don't expect it until the weekend.

I will tell you it is pretty darn cool, we had no idea what to expect, but it works. Just load up both rears and center, we have an extra 350lb in the walkway. What surprised me on the X25 anyway, weighting the opposite side had little to no effect on the surf side, then just switch the tabs and people and bingo surf side switched. We did find that you need 100% center tab with this much weight in the boat.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:09 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Come on guys, those gentleman over on WW are very helpful with unbiased, accurate, information. Especially Swatguy. Don't you remember when he came on here and told us all about the new XStar wake, before anyone but Harley and Rusty had been behind it?? According to him, he was able to spend considerable amount of time behind that boat before anyone else could. I guess the MC pro riders had to take a Sammich break, and they just let Swatguy jump right behind the prototype boat. Oh wait, that never happened.... And he got called out on it.
Love it
Old 08-27-2013, 02:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
I am not going into detail about that entire discussion. I did talk with people over at MC. Even received a phone call. I admitted I was wrong in giving out details that weren't for the public. They even video taped the entire process and released it in the end. It's a great video. Recall what I posted in the thread way back when with the descriptions. Then watch the video and let me know if I was wrong about anything I described. The end. I never once claimed to be in a boat Harley Rusty and Zane were never in or before they were in it. So lets not re hash or present false info. The wake and boat where already released in a video to the public just for your time line. Anyone in that close circle can give you the details. There was a select member here who wanted to flex his muscle. He won I lost. Never made one false statement. I didnt didn't want to turn it into into who's was is bigger fest so thread went bye bye . Again I was wrong for spouting out info that should've benn kept quiet. I shut up and the boat was released 8 mos later

Anyone who follows my threads here knows I always tell it like it is with no bias. Some people take offense, some agree quietly, and some agree publicly. I have been on the site for coming up on 10yrs. I let one thread get the best of me ran my mouth about something i shoulda kept to myself at a very important/sensitive time due to one member. Didn't happen before.......hasnt happened since. I am sure anyone of the people who have sought my advice over the years will tell you it's been rock solid.

In the words of Mattscraft.
Swatguy out.

Last edited by swatguy; 08-27-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:44 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X10 2001 Vortec 350
Surf Stock or Loaded Myth Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraft13 View Post
I'm with you on that one. More isn't always better, I found with mine stock with 2-400's is all it takes. This was me today on my x-10 with 3 adults in the boat, one driving and 2 small females port side.
Hey Mastercraft13,

What year is your boat and is that 2-400's on top of the stock ballast? I have a 2001 x-10 and trying to figure out what surf ballast setup to go with.

I was looking at pulling the hard tanks and replacing with 750s. My stock KGB is leaking and was thinking about pulling it and going with a 650 bow sack.

What are your thought?