Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 03:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 MasterCraft X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dihrdskir View Post
It would depend on the skiing you do. I have a tower on my WTT as we often stay on the water all day without returning to a base. In our situation having the tower gives us the space in the boat and supports the disciplines we get up to during the day.
Agreed, do you need one? Towers are great toy racks ........ gets stuff up off the floor.....
2006 F150 SCrew Puller
http://www.crowniehq.net
http://banners.wunderground.com/weat.../OR/Albany.gif
Old 08-21-2013, 03:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIBUMM View Post
I had a tough time also with the tower on mine. I don't have a MC but I wanted to make sure that it did not look too tall for the low profile of my boat. I went and ahd mine custom made from a local shop that builds towers. I could not be more happy with the look. THis is before the bimini and tower racks and speakers.
Very well done!

I think you nailed your goal of not being too tall but go with the lines of the boat. Nice setup.

1994 205, LT1
Old 08-21-2013, 03:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: x-30
I'm more of a traditionalist and would go with the pylon. You're boat looks awesome as it is. My question would be how is a tower going to affect resale? As you can see by the Ugliest Tower Thread they seem to be pretty personalized items and 9 times out of 10 people have different opinions on what looks good and what doesn't.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Not a Mastercraft
As long as it's a quality tower and looks good with the boat--ND, Samson, etc. And not a Monster or some chinese universal something or other resale will be fine. You won't recoup the cost of the tower, but you should be ahead of a boat without one or with the wrong one. It's the way of the market.

I mean it's a late model deeper 205 open bow, not a 190 or a Stars and Stripes.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
New Dimensions tower will be good looking, well built and one of the most expensive.
I would expect other swoop designs could look good too.

As alluded; proper install is important, ideally with reinforcement added at the connection points.

It is a boat, it will never have collector value like a car. Anyone that values it that great can cough up the coin THEY think it is worth - not going to happen.
If you do anything other than hard core slalom, a tower is by far more functional. Especially if you don't break it down for storage.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 mastercraft sammy duvall
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksfamX2 View Post
Agreed, do you need one? Towers are great toy racks ........ gets stuff up off the floor.....
I don't really need one , but I did keep all my racks and speakers off the old supra.....maybe I will just put a bimini on for now .
my choice for towers would have been ND mini unless I found a good deal on a 2007 x1 tower
Old 08-21-2013, 06:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Why the mini tower? We have a 97 Sammy and contemplated the ND mini, with a 205 Full size is the way to go......have pics in profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340rvfan View Post
I don't really need one , but I did keep all my racks and speakers off the old supra.....maybe I will just put a bimini on for now .
my choice for towers would have been ND mini unless I found a good deal on a 2007 x1 tower
Old 08-22-2013, 12:34 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 200
I would say put one on. I personally chose the roswell tower. It looks good with the boat. I love it because mine doesnt have a lot of storage and I like to have my boat look spacious. It gets the toys off the floor. If my boat werent crammed with stuff then I wouldn't of bought it. To each his own. I like mine.