Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2011 Mastercraft x45 illmor
Virginia Mastercraft Dealer?

It has been 8 weeks since my 2011 x45 developed a starting/ignition issue. I unfortunately got in the middle of a dealer purchase of the Chesapeake Mastercraft Dealership, closing of that dealership, an unethical boat dealership with an incapable technical staff, a helpful, but brand new Mastercraft dealer in Smith Mountain Lake Va., a helpful Mastercraft dealer in Raleigh, NC who has no mechanic, and finally, a helpful Mastercraft dealer in Charlotte, NC, with very experienced mechanics, who was willing to repair my boat. I would like to hear from Mastercraft what they are going to do about all of the boat owners in central and eastern Virginia who need warranty repairs and service? I don't expect most owners will be willing to do what I have done, and that is pay a driver $800 to tow my boat to and back from Charlotte to Richmond. Mastercraft is a quality product, but how can they sell them and not be able to back up their warranties and service to owners, who do not want to drive 4-5 hours?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:45 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MC, Maristar 210, 1992, 351
Send a message via AIM to jackpita Send a message via Yahoo to jackpita
Well said...from us MasterCraft owners in Virginia.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:22 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X-25 2010 MCX
I think Wright Marine Services bought Ski Boats Unlimited, according to their facebook page. I don’t know anything about them or what services they provide. Hopefully someone who does will chime in.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 Prostar 205
Wow, $800 for Richmond to Charlotte? That's an easy/totally flat drive down I-85 with lots of rest stops. I am guessing you don't have a tow vehicle to just haul it yourself.

Also, Triad Marine in Greensboro is another MC dealer. That would cut a 100 miles off your trip each way.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:57 AM
TT Newbie

Nope,
I assign a high value to each hour of my time. $800 is a bargain when comparing it to how many hours it would take me to haul down and haul back. Not to mention , gas, wear and tear on my vehicle, food and phone roaming. It is just a shame that if Mastercraft had their business straight, I would not have to pay a dime.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 AM
TT Newbie

It is my understanding that the owner of Nautical Marine, in Richmond purchased the Ski Boats unlimited property and dealership. To quote the new owner "I have closed the Mastercraft dealership, and I will do not plan to sell those boats or service them at that location" That dealer is the one who had my boat for weeks, tore out the wiring harness to investigate the ignition issue, removed the ECM module,removed the starter, left them in disarray, and told me the could not come to terms with Mastercraft so I should take the boat to a Mastercraft dealer. You ask me why I did not take it to a Mastercraft dealer in the first place? I was told by the Ski Boats Unlimited Owner that Nautical Marine could do the Mastercraft service and warranty work. Nope. 2 months later, I still have a boat with an ignition problem, and now the wiring research/damage is going to cost me big time. Any attorneys out there who want to go to work on this?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: ProStar 190, 1989, 351W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarded boys View Post
It is my understanding that the owner of Nautical Marine, in Richmond purchased the Ski Boats unlimited property and dealership. To quote the new owner "I have closed the Mastercraft dealership, and I will do not plan to sell those boats or service them at that location" That dealer is the one who had my boat for weeks, tore out the wiring harness to investigate the ignition issue, removed the ECM module,removed the starter, left them in disarray, and told me the could not come to terms with Mastercraft so I should take the boat to a Mastercraft dealer. You ask me why I did not take it to a Mastercraft dealer in the first place? I was told by the Ski Boats Unlimited Owner that Nautical Marine could do the Mastercraft service and warranty work. Nope. 2 months later, I still have a boat with an ignition problem, and now the wiring research/damage is going to cost me big time. Any attorneys out there who want to go to work on this?
Have you called MC corporate office? I'd keep going until I got to a VP to resolve this for you. Richmond area is a HUGE market, I can't believe that MC isn't represented there....Lake Anna, Chesdin, Gaston, Buggs Island, and some others I've missed are 30~90 minutes away.
Somewhere between SML and LKG
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 AM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
If you still have outstanding issues, send the boat back to Charlotte and I'm sure they will take care of it. You are lucky to have them as a resource. They are great people over there, I know them well. I've bought 3 boats from them over the years.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.