Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-19-2013, 03:33 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Tige 20i 2002
Surf Pipe Exhaust on Nautique G23 and G25

Fresh Air Exhaust is pleased to announce that Correct Craft Boats (Nautique) has included a Fresh Air Exhaust designed system on their 2014 G23 and G25 boats; the system is called a Surf Pipe. Pleasure Craft Marine evaluated the Surf Pipe and certified it for use on their 550 hp supercharged engine (XS 550 SC).

Larry Mann, the inventor of Fresh Air Exhaust, is thrilled that the Surf Pipe has been certified on the largest, highest horsepower engine available from Pleasure Craft Marine. It is evident that FAE can handle the demands of the smaller engines typically found on inboard ski boats.

Fresh Air Exhaust is available for ALL inboard boats: G23, G25, all other Nautiques, Axis, Calabria, Centurion, Correct Craft, Epic, Gecko, Hydrodyne, Infinity, Malibu (all Wedges), MasterCraft, MB, Moomba, Sanger, Shamrock, Ski Supreme, Supra, Tige, some SwitchBlades, as well as yachts and sports fishers.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
Sweet!! finally a press release thread

Caterpillar Inc. Director of Investor Relations to Participate in the Jefferies 2013 Global Industrial Conference on August 13, 2013; Webcast Available
PEORIA, Ill.— Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) Director of Investor Relations Rich Moore will be speaking at the Jefferies 2013 Global Industrial Conference on Tuesday, August 13, 2013. He is scheduled to speak at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The presentation materials will be available on http://www.caterpillar.com/eventscalendar. The event will be webcast in real-time and available to the public through the following website: http://wsw.com/webcast/jeff78/cat/.

Listeners should go to the website at least 30 minutes before the live event to register for the event and to download and install any necessary audio software. The webcast will be available for replay for 90 days; no transcripts from the presentation will be made available.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mann View Post
Fresh Air Exhaust is pleased to announce that Correct Craft Boats (Nautique) has included a Fresh Air Exhaust designed system on their 2014 G23 and G25 boats; the system is called a Surf Pipe. Pleasure Craft Marine evaluated the Surf Pipe and certified it for use on their 550 hp supercharged engine (XS 550 SC).

Larry Mann, the inventor of Fresh Air Exhaust, is thrilled that the Surf Pipe has been certified on the largest, highest horsepower engine available from Pleasure Craft Marine. It is evident that FAE can handle the demands of the smaller engines typically found on inboard ski boats.

Fresh Air Exhaust is available for ALL inboard boats: G23, G25, all other Nautiques, Axis, Calabria, Centurion, Correct Craft, Epic, Gecko, Hydrodyne, Infinity, Malibu (all Wedges), MasterCraft, MB, Moomba, Sanger, Shamrock, Ski Supreme, Supra, Tige, some SwitchBlades, as well as yachts and sports fishers.
Happy to hear Larry! I purchased your product for my 2011 X-45 6.0L and will never own another boat without one. Would love to see Mastercraft follow suit and include your product as standard equipment on future models.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
Another FAE superfan. My 4th boat with one. Worth every penny for the noise reduction alone. Over 900hrs of use on my current boat with a flawless engine and FAE. No performance hindrance at all. Only issue was the powder coating getting peeled off from prop wash. Wish I woulda went brushed aluminum. Had it redone twice now and it peeled again. I ski(33mph) , board, surf and yes pull tubes with some high speed tuns n shifts. Only one time did a clamp come loose.

I did hear they have a new process for coating now tho. Still go plain if you are considering it IMO. Larry's customer service is next to none.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
This addition for the G series was a MUST! That is my single complaint about a G. Without FAE, you may as well run an exhaust hose straight to your mouth when surfing.

Great addition for any boat, a necessary addition on the G series.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikler View Post

Caterpillar Inc. Director of Investor Relations to Participate in the Jefferies 2013 Global Industrial Conference on August 13, 2013; Webcast Available
PEORIA, Ill.— Caterpillar Inc. (NYSE: CAT) Director of Investor Relations Rich Moore will be speaking at the Jefferies 2013 Global Industrial Conference on Tuesday, August 13, 2013. He is scheduled to speak at 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time. The presentation materials will be available on http://www.caterpillar.com/eventscalendar. The event will be webcast in real-time and available to the public through the following website: http://wsw.com/webcast/jeff78/cat/.

Listeners should go to the website at least 30 minutes before the live event to register for the event and to download and install any necessary audio software. The webcast will be available for replay for 90 days; no transcripts from the presentation will be made available.
I see what you did there... Funny stuff!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:50 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikler View Post

Awesome:

• Avionics/Electrical Installation Station Coordinator
• Mechanical Installation Station Coordinator

29 July 2013 Press Release
Airbus has posted two more job openings related to the manufacturing activities at its assembly line in Mobile, Alabama.

The company is seeking one person to fill the role of Avionics/Electrical Installation Station Coordinator and another person to fill the role of Mechanical Installation Station Coordinator. In both roles, during the project phase of the assembly line, these individuals will help coordinate preparation of the assembly process of the stations these roles support and help ensure a smooth start-up of Airbus’ U.S. assembly line. Once production starts they will direct and coordinate work on the stations they support.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 Gen II X30 SS
So, dumb question, does flowing 2:1 create any measurable change in Hp or Torq? I've always spent time trying to open up exhaust (within reason), and this would seem to create restriction?
Old 08-20-2013, 12:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 X-star
I am by no means an engine expert but I have no noticeable loss in anything. On the 4 boats its been on. All have been the standard v8 330 ho range on 21ft boats.

I do know waaaay back when there were some issues that arose with the bigger 8L engines that have obviously been resolved with some design updates . The FAE exhaust actually creates a suction that "pulls " the exhaust through like a vacuum in some not so scientific terms so that aides. There are some cool videos on the FAE site showi g how and explaining in some more scientific terms how that works.

Last edited by swatguy; 08-20-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:11 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
larry,
you have a 2002 tige 20i? time to upgrade that boat brother...